• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Friendly Barber Shop

learn2shoot

imported post

I was OCing the other day and went to get my hairs cut. The Good Barber at 6512 Backlick Road in Springfield VA was VERY pro-gun. They asked a bunch of questions about guns all the people there seemed very interested in learning about guns andVA laws.

I also got a good haircut at a fair price.

Bill

nemo

imported post

learn2shoot wrote:
I was OCing the other day and went to get my hairs cut.

I have OC'd at my barber shop (Potter's, Berryville) for almost as long as we have been here, which sounds great, but we have been here only ~ five years. Also, I only OC during comfortable weather (it's the wuss in me, coming out).

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The barbershop in KMart shopping center on Elden St. in Herndon is OC friendly.

I got my hair cut there a few times before I started OC'ing and have done so every time since without issue.

:cool:

Decoligny

imported post

useful_idiot wrote:

I got my hair cut there a few times before I started OC'ing and have done so every time since without issue.

Just make sure that while getting your haircut, that they don't drape the "bib" over your weapon. If they do, then you are no longer Open Carrying.

TFred

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:

Just make sure that while getting your haircut, that they don't drape the "bib" over your weapon. If they do, then you are no longer Open Carrying.

Ha ha, well there's a whole new debate altogether!!

:shock:

TFred

rebfan

imported post

Another good shop is the All American barber shop in the City of Manassas. The shop is located almost directly across from the hospital on route 234.

2a4all

imported post

Green's Barber Shop, Rt 17 in Grafton is OC friendly.

However, I think Decolingy is right about the bib ("...hidden from common observation..."):)

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Koon's barber shop in Ashland is OC friendly. I've known the barber there for years from her previous places of employment. She cuts a mean flat top and she's fine with guns. Just act responsibly and she won't have to whip your tail. :)

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Koon's barber shop in Ashland is OC friendly. I've known the barber there for years from her previous places of employment. She cuts a mean flat top and she's fine with guns. Just act responsibly and she won't have to whip your tail. :)
You have quite the mean flat top!

However, when it comes to hair, I have no top. :uhoh: I've been buzzing mine myself for years.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

DrMark wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
You have quite the mean flat top!

However, when it comes to hair, I have no top. :uhoh: I've been buzzing mine myself for years.
Thank you!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:

He/She would be safe IF the weapon was covered somehow on PRIVATE property. An owner can give their permission to cover while on property. (At least here in Utah:uhoh:)

TJ

TFred

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
He/She would be safe IF the weapon was covered somehow on PRIVATE property. An owner can give their permission to cover while on property. (At least here in Utah:uhoh:)

TJ
I don't think the Virginia law allows this, only your own property.

TFred

nova

imported post

TFred wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

TJ

TFred
Correct. Only on your own abode or place of business (if you own one).

zoom6zoom

imported post

rebfan wrote:
Another good shop is the All American barber shop in the City of Manassas. The shop is located almost directly across from the hospital on route 234.
No problems at their location in Dale City, either. Although they did try to give me the LEO discount.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
TFred wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

TJ

TFred
Correct. Only on your own abode or place of business (if you own one).

PENALTY FLAG failure to cite authority.

WOW!!!!

Two penalty flags in one quote!!!!

Muhhahahahahahah!!!

Try again, fellas!

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hmmm. I suppose I will have to allow manual entries as well then. I can go ahead and add it behind the scenes until I get a change to make a manual add page. They really should get with the times though, and get listed. :)