• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Word to the Wise

TatankaGap

imported post

I am not pleased to write this but I have been reading threads (in the media) and ascertaining trends based on some quick lessons I got from a buddy who retired from the Army after many years of combat and military intelligence where they trained him to read threads in the media and ascertain trends.

It just 'clicked' for me - I just expressed it to my wife and now I'm expressing it here -

I believe the greatest threat to the freedom of ourselves, our families, and our Constitutional rights lies in nefarious orchestration of events based on a less-than-foolproof plan ~

Be on the lookout for the following, and may it never come to pass, and if it does, may good, strong-hearted, freedom loving people step in to stop it or the worst might happen - I do not say this lightly.

None of you know me and have no reason to take what I've said as any form of truth - read the threads in the media, ascertain trends, decide for yourself.

I believe that in Heller, Justice Scalia was actually WARNING us - telling all able bodied men & women that they must be part of a citizens militia to be there as a distributed safety net - a backbone - reminding us why the Second Amendment is there in the first place.

I believe that it is not beyond Powers that Be from orchestrating Mumbai as an experiment in urban terror using 'rudimentary arms' -

I believe that it is not beyond Powers that Be from orchestrating a Mumbai-style attack in the US using 'rudimentary arms' -

Reported today, but contained in a speech Sunday before the Council on Foreign Relations, FBI Director Mueller says that there is a major threat of homegrown terrorism in a Mumbai style attack using 'rudimentary arms' - especially in cities with high levels of immigrant populations specifically including New York, Miami, San Diego, Seattle (I would think Chicago and LA would be on the list). They mention Minneapolis in the article as the place from which the only known US citizen who became suicide bomber (Somalia) is from.

Here's the risk I have identified, and again, I believe that Americans working together will neutralize this risk:

1) Nefarious forces orchestrate a Mumbai style attack in a major US city - it hardly matters where and who is involved except that they are nefarious ~ it would appear in the form of some class of immigrants (East Asian, Pakistani, or Indonesian) even if they are put up to it by non-immigrants -

2) In response and to 'calm' Americans, BO signs an Executive Order restricting 'rudimentary arms' of the type used (probably including .223, AKs, ARs, and many high capacity and semi-auto handguns) -

3) Restriction on arms triggers major problems - no need to elaborate - but this would be the sucker-punch of all-time. Those that stand up too hard, could find themselves in some huge FEMA run detention camp - it would not be a good scene at all.....

To Neutralize (some ideas and proposed actions):

A) Maximum situational awareness - if and when it happens, there will be LEO, and CC responses. Being prepared for this is paramount IMHO - including having cellphone charged with 911 on speed dial and calling it in -

This includes being well-dressed and clean-shaven and well-behaved lest our CC people are confused with Mumbai-style attackers - we need to be clear that we're the good guys - (I personally will be reminding myself to interact more with shopkeepers and police officers to foster more awareness about how we can work together to prevent Mumbai-style attackers -)

B) Turnaround situation - rather than allow terror to be generated, law enforcement and private citizens bearing arms put down the terrorist attackers fast. There is no lengthy media coverage of terrorists walking around with impunity near incompetent looking police forces such as we saw with Mumbai - rather, we are going to see Americans at their best, working together to thwart any such threat or attack -

If we show that we are not 'terrorized' by the attempt and are happy with the response and result, there will be no reason for any restrictive Executive Order - if it happens, we want the result to be - "Wow, I'm proud to be an American" and "Did you see how fast SWAT came?" and "Lucky there were a few armed private citizens there under the Second Amendment to take down a few of the bad guys, one of their leaders, break up their communications and keep them off their plans until the SWAT arrived" and "No one's gonna try THAT again in America."

C) Nefarious Plans are Never Foolproof - everyone and anyone can and will find their own ways to peacefully and/or self-defensively neutralize such threat or attack - somewhere along the way, some message will be intercepted, some error will be made by the Bad Guys and whoever is there in the right place at the right time, PLEASE - do not hesitate - carpe diem - it MIGHT all be up to you, yes YOU ~

D) Public Disclosures - Nefarious Plans require secrecy - so the more transparency the better - the more light of day - the better - if you get a hold of something real and factual, post it far and wide asap -

E) This Ain't No Party; This Ain't No Disco, This Ain't No Fooling Around - like the song says, this ain't no fooling around - I had a feeling like this before 9/11 happened; I'm having a feeling again of unease - I am not usually the kind of person who lies awake at night but recently....my internal alarms are going off....

F) Spread the Word - the more people who see the possibility, the more can prevent the damage - I honestly believe this is how we re-focus on being Americans and protecting each other and putting our differences aside even if temporarily (a 'time-out') to do it - once things settle down, we can get back to our differences :)

G) Failure Would Be Our Fault - if this crisis rises to the level of Constitutional proportions, we have failed and it will be our fault because the "Buck" Really Does Stop Here. Do you want to have to explain to your children where you were and what you were doing and that you could have done something more? I would rather express that we came together and met the threat head on, prevailed and lived to tell the tale.

H) Please someone convince me I'm wrong. Tell me I don't know squat and why because I want to be wrong about my conclusions about these trends.

I) God Bless us and all those for freedom, may our heads be clear, our hearts strong, our eyes focused, our brains smart, our aim true, our ammo good, our arms effective and may those who would strike with terror against our people fall hard and fast.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/23/AR2009022301850.html?hpid=topnews

"FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III today warned that extremists "with large agendas and little money can use rudimentary weapons" to sow terror, raising the specter that recent attacks in Mumbai that killed 170 people last year could embolden terrorists seeking to attack U.S. cities. At a speech to the Council on Foreign Relations in Washington, Mueller said that the bureau is expanding its focus beyond al-Qaeda and into splinter groups, radicals who try to enter the country through the visa waiver program and "home-grown terrorists."

"The universe of crime and terrorism stretches out infinitely before us, and we too are working to find what we believe to be out there but cannot always see," Mueller said.
One particular concern, the FBI director said, springs from the country's background as a "nation of immigrants." Federal officials worry about pockets of possible radicals among melting-pot communities in the United States such as Seattle, San Diego, Miami or New York."

Tawnos

imported post

Go outside, take a deep breath, look up. The sky isn't falling in reality (at least, not yet), and this thread sounds like paranoid mumblings. If, indeed, they are your own ramblings, then I might suggest you step away from the computer for a bit and take a long walk. It will calm your frazzled nerves and maybe eliminate some of that tension.

darthmord

imported post

Yes and notice how many of those 'melting pot' communities have highly restrictive gun policies / laws.

Not agreeing or disagreeing. But I wouldn't put it past elements of our government to do things like that.

Interesting theory though.

chiefjason

imported post

On a related note I have held the opinion that there are fewer attacks of that kind in the US because of the international opinion that we are all "cowboys". Not saying we should bear arms in preperation, but that by us regularly bearing arms it may be keeping them at bay. They may be prepared to die for their cause but being taken out before they bring the plan to bear would be bad publicity.

And yeah, breath and take a walk. Anything is possible but I'm not gonna get all worked up about it.

FMCDH

imported post

chiefjason wrote:
On a related note I have held the opinion that there are fewer attacks of that kind in the US because of the international opinion that we are all "cowboys". Not saying we should bear arms in preperation, but that by us regularly bearing arms it may be keeping them at bay. They may be prepared to die for their cause but being taken out before they bring the plan to bear would be bad publicity.

And yeah, breath and take a walk. Anything is possible but I'm not gonna get all worked up about it.
Can you imagine the outcome of 9-11 if we allowed CC licensed citizens on board our domestic flights?

Even with the "no round in the chamber" practice, it would have been a completely different story. :D

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't see mumblings or a paranoid weirdo. I see an American considering a probable scenario, and urging his fellow patriots to be vigilant.

What is so wrong with that?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Go outside, take a deep breath, look up. The sky isn't falling in reality (at least, not yet), and this thread sounds like paranoid mumblings. If, indeed, they are your own ramblings, then I might suggest you step away from the computer for a bit and take a long walk. It will calm your frazzled nerves and maybe eliminate some of that tension.

And what would you say if the OP's scenarios actually came to pass?

There is no shame or paranoia in wanting to be prepared. Read "Boston's Gun Bible" for a good dose of this.

BTW, I once started writing a book about this very thing. How sinister and secret subgoups with the government aligned with extreme left and right hate groups to wreak havoc and cause the people to cry for the government "to do something.. anything". Never finished it.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I guess someone didn't get the memo that the "ZOMG!!! TAREUHWRISTS!!!" buzz phrase just doesn't motivate people like it used to.

Not going to lie, that was the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

If you want domestic problems and terrorist organizations to worry about, look no further...

capitol1.JPG

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I guess someone didn't get the memo that the "ZOMG!!! TAREUHWRISTS!!!" buzz phrase just doesn't motivate people like it used to.

If you want domestic problems and terrorist organizations to worry about, look no further...

capitol1.JPG
If you read his post carefully, I think you'll find that that's exactly what he's worried about.

TatankaGap

imported post

I am not making this stuff up. I have no need for debate; have had a walk in the fresh air and I still have an unsettling feeling.

I am not asking for anything (and will get none of the Stimulus). I am not asking for support or action - just awareness and responsibility which I know everyone on this list is committed to anyway -

If you think this is fiction, I am sorry to hear it.

Have you ever met a terrorist? I have - only reason we weren't killed was that it would have been bad PR for Hamas. They would have killed us at the first signal from the local Imman.

Have you ever met the family of a suicide bomber? I have. They look like regular people. We had a cup of tea on the couch under the huge photoshop pictured of their daughter, presumably in their heaven, after she had killed 17 people at a bus stop in Jerusalem. They were unapologetic.

If I struck a nerve with my OP and you want to call me stupid, that's OK.

Watch this if you are really interested -

The Third Jihad

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8223

PLEASE WATCH THIS ENTIRE VIDEO! - serious stuff -

to summarize:

1) Guiliani saying complacency between 9/11 and the next attack is likely - psychologically wanting to look the other way - but turning a blind eye is dangerous -

2) radical islamic conversions in prisons (NY State has 18% of prisoners are converts to islam) -

3) Immans saying they want Islam to be the No 1 religion in the US up from No. 2 - and want to impose Sharia law over Western Law - making Islam the moral authority in America - even if it takes 100 years of 'struggle' -

4) Radicals training child soldiers for suicide bombers and to do kidnappings and beheadings - if they are willing to kill their own children, what makes you think they won't kill yours?

5) Cultural and Violent Jihad - as two prongs to infiltrate America and bring it down from within - that is the stated goal and coordinated effort -

6) Watch out for radical islamic converts who are Americans (from places like Brooklyn) who decide to become radical islamic (and how they are manipulated by radical islamic 'handlers') - I met one once in Middle East - scary sort - these are the types who were protesting while peaceful muslims were marching in support of 4th of July -

7) Credible authorities talking about real-world risks of homegrown terrorism by radical islamic Jihadists -

8) Most importantly, their goal is to 'strike fear into the hearts of infidels' and they consider all non-muslims infidels because we have not accepted Allah as superior - well, as long as we don't let fear to be struck into our hearts or the hearts of our people, we thwart the Jihadist goal -

N00blet45

imported post

And now I get to add something to this discussion. This video is from Fox News, I know they aren't completely unbiased.

http://www.foxnews.com/video-search/m/21884296/homegrown_jihad.htm

It fits in nicely with the OP's paranoia. I don't know if there would be a mass shooting but I don't think it's impossible. And I don't know if our government would work with the terrorists, although I'm sure they'd use an attack as justification to criminalize even more rights. The only thing we can really do is be on our guard.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

Edit: SOB posted it before I could.

Carnivore

imported post

I'm inline with believing there's a serious Cancer inside our country, Yes Washington is to blame, because they ignored the the original seed that hit the ground, and even though they pioson the weed, they still ignore the feeder roots.. I feel that we as Complacent pawns of day to day society are still too comfortable with the misconception that our Govt, is ever vigilant of our well being.One tap root of this serious Cancer is on Arizonas southern border, and Arizona is in Dire need of Chemotherapy..

rob99vmi04

imported post

You know its funny, I used to see stuff like this and think it was crazy talk......

Now I'm not so sure. I have a friend who was living in NOVA working for the government. Got fed up one day and quit NOVA, moved to Colorado and works in a sporting goods store out near Denver. Hes trying to be DNR agent out their or what what ever they call them in Colorado. He thought the same thing, but more and more hes seeing Doctors, Lawyers, Regular people coming in and talking about things similiar to this. I don't find it to far fetched.

But in a sort of related topic here s a good video, keep in mind this mainstream media by credible people.

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2009/02/tyranny-of-incompetence.html

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/200...spot.com/2009/02/tyranny-of-incompetence.html

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
If you read his post carefully, I think you'll find that that's exactly what he's worried about.

Really? Because what I got out of it is that he's worried about some internal act of "terruh" led by a mass conspiracy of illegals, as if they're alllinked mentally like an army of robots or something. If the post wasn't so disconnected, random,and borderline psychotic I'd think I was reading a script for the next South Park episode.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
But in a sort of related topic here s a good video, keep in mind this mainstream media by credible people.

Yea, because Fox News isn't like the government's puppet for fear mongeringand terruhrizm or anything. :quirky

MeBaby

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

capitol1.JPG

I don't think Stylez reads much of anything too carefully :D. I'll bet he wears a T shirt that reads "I'm typing and I can't shut up!" :cry:

:p