Thread: I am liking Montana more and more every day...

Post imported post

House shoots down federal gun controls
    Posted on Feb. 14

By KAHRIN DEINES of the Associated Press

HELENA (AP) - Montana lawmakers fired another shot in battles for states’ rights as they supported letting some Montana gun owners and dealers skip reporting their transactions to the federal government.

Under House Bill 246, firearms made in Montana and used in Montana would be exempt from federal regulation. The same would be true for firearm accessories and ammunition made and sold in the state.

“What we need here is for Montana to be able to handle Montana’s business and affairs,” Republican Rep. Joel Boniek told fellow lawmakers Saturday. The wilderness guide from Livingston defeated Republican incumbent Bruce Malcolm in last spring’s election.

Boniek’s measure aims to circumvent federal authority over interstate commerce, which is the legal basis for most gun regulation in the United States. The bill potentially could release Montanans from both federal gun registration requirements and dealership licensing rules. Since the state has no background-check laws on its own books, the legislation also could free gun purchasers from that requirement.

“Firearms are inextricably linked to the history and culture of Montana, and I’d like to support that,” Boniek said. “But I want to point out that the issue here is not about firearms. It’s about state rights.”
    http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2...bnews/br26.prt

Post imported post

+++1

I'm ready to move to Montana!

Banned

Post imported post

does this also include fully automatic?

i purposely did not say class III because that is a phony label made up out of thin air by corrupt fed alphabet losers

Post imported post

You've peeked my interests. Maybe I'll plan a trip to Montana once this passes.

Post imported post

Does not include full auto.

Section 5.Exceptions. [Section 4] does not apply to:
    (1) a firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person;

(2) a firearm that has a bore diameter greater than 1 1/2 inches and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a propellant;

(3) ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or

(4) a firearm that discharges two or more projectiles with one activation of the trigger or other firing device.
    The bill was sent from the Judiciary Committee to the House Appropriations Committee. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. Transmittal date is 2/26 ,Transmittal date for Appropriation Bills is 3/26. This is now an appropriations bill, we'll see if it survives....

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

What is this?

The sound of The Brady Campaign's score for Montana dropping to 0 if it passes.

I hope Montana passes the bill and allows them to be free from the ridiculous anti-gun politicians in White House.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Banned

Post imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
    House shoots down federal gun controls
    Posted on Feb. 14

By KAHRIN DEINES of the Associated Press

“What we need here is for Montana to be able to handle Montana’s business and affairs,” Republican Rep. Joel Boniek told fellow lawmakers Saturday. The wilderness guide from Livingston defeated Republican incumbent Bruce Malcolm in last spring’s election.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2...bnews/br26.prt

Bravo

Post imported post

If I could find a job out in Montana, I would move in a heartbeat.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    Me too. Maybe a dental floss tycoon?

Post imported post

CrossFire wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    Me too. Maybe a dental floss tycoon?
    Hey, ease up, guys. Next we know the Montanans will be driving around with bumper stickers saying "Welcome to Montana. Now go home" Or "Don't Californicate Montana"

(That really happened with a big billboard in Oregon at the I-5 border with California about 25 years ago.) Quite a few yearsbefore thatwhen I moved to Colorado from CA the telephone installer (yeah, that's how long ago it was :shock said to me "I hope you closed the door behind you"

Folks in these paradise states tend to be a bit territorial about their nests.

Banned

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
    LOL by who's standards?

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Richard6218 wrote:
    LOL by who's standards?
    Mostly, by the folks who live there and everyone who wants to.

Post imported post

I am moving to Montana!!

Not really....

Nice that the state is taking some excellent steps on behalf of the people.

Post imported post

We need a big billboard in WA says "We're all full, Californians, turn around and go back home." But I fear it's too late for our state, at least on this side of the mountains. They've already taken over and control just about everything. If we could split the state in half like they've been talking about for years, I'd most over to Eastern WA in a heartbeat.....it's where everyone fled to get away from the migrating hordes of liberals that infested our lovely state. So sad.

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:

and where is the problem in that?

I am a Tennesseean, and very territorial about my State.

Post imported post

I am afraid that it would only take one Montana winter to send this Texas boy back to Texas. I do applaud Montana's lawmakers though.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    We need a big billboard in WA says "We're all full, Californians, turn around and go back home." But I fear it's too late for our state, at least on this side of the mountains. They've already taken over and control just about everything. If we could split the state in half like they've been talking about for years, I'd most over to Eastern WA in a heartbeat.....it's where everyone fled to get away from the migrating hordes of liberals that infested our lovely state. So sad.
    You're so right. Unfortunately, I must confess to being a former Californian but not one of the stereotype liberal Birkenstock type. I cling to my guns and wear my old Marine Corps combat boots and vote against Democrats. California DOES have some pockets of conservatism, like Orange County and some of the rural areas over in the Valley. It's pretty hard to stop migration, especially when it's not illegal, plus an ever-growing population has to go SOMEwhere. Folks in the desirable places just need to play down how great their states are and hope not too many outsiders will discover them. Short of that, they just have to put up with "furriners" coming in.

Post imported post

CrossFire wrote:
    I am afraid that it would only take one Montana winter to send this Texas boy back to Texas. I do applaud Montana's lawmakers though.
    I think that's exactly what keeps Montana for the Montanans. Most people couldn't hack the winters. However, when I went to Billings in June '07 a local said they aren't nearly as heavy as they used to be. No more 40 below with six-foot snow drifts. Must be global warming:P