• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in Oregon

G23

imported post

HiI am new to this site and new to oc.I am aware of the cities that have restrictions on ocing, my question is what is the law on oc in Oregon. When does it become cc? What is the law on ocing in your vehicle also? Any help here would be great. If this is posted already please direct me to the Oregon topic. Thankyou.

FMCDH

imported post

There are two types of OC in Oregon, the type done with a CHL and the type done without.

http://www.handgunlaw.us has all the information and links you need to learn what is and is not allowed by law, and the Oregon forum's one and only sticky will give you the list of locations that you must have a CHL to carry loaded.

As for the prominence of OC in Oregon... its not common, but it also wont send people screaming through the streets.

My personal suggestion on the matter, if you plan to OC in Oregon, you should have a CHL for your own protection from "accidents" and "misunderstandings".

Basically, with a CHL, Oregon Law, much like Washington Law, makes no distinction between the two. Without, you better be very careful and aware of how and where you choose carry. Sooner or later, you WILL have a LEO confront you.