• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

P500 Universal Sight Tool

alnitak

imported post

Does anyone in NoVA have the P500 Universal Sight Tool (as discussed here: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815947)? My Kahr shoots consistently to the left by 2"-3", and upon inspection, the front sight is not centered. I had Hatfield's try to use a punch to move it with no luck. I hate to send the slide back to Kahr, and I can't justify the $110 from Midway for the tool for this one application. So, I thought I'd take a chance and see if anyone here has the tool and wouldn't mind investing a few minutes to help me adjust my front sight.

Thanks!

Bruce

alnitak

imported post

I've been to two gun shops and one gunsmith, and they don't have the tool and a punch doesn't work (been tried by the pros). A tool like the P500 needs to be used (in fact Kahr says not to punch drift the sight, but send it back to them).

Thanks.

soloban

imported post

alnitak wrote:
I've been to two gun shops and one gunsmith, and they don't have the tool and a punch doesn't work (been tried by the pros). A tool like the P500 needs to be used (in fact Kahr says not to punch drift the sight, but send it back to them).

Thanks.
+1 I've heard Kahr sights are impossible to move even with a sight tool. Try calling Kahr to see if its covered under warranty.

alnitak

imported post

Yes, it's covered under warranty. I'm just hesitant to send it back to them. I guess I should just bite the bullet and be without it for 2-3 weeks (and then hope the sights are right when I get it back).

kle

imported post

alnitak wrote:
Thanks. I spoke to Dusty and will go by there on Monday to see if he can help. Appreciate the lead.
My Beretta 92FS likes to print/group to the right a bit at 25 yards, so I had him try to move the rear sight at this past gun show with a couple sight pushers (and they were apparently extremely expensive ones, too--$200 for the 'cheap' one, $600 for the beefier one). Nothing-doing with mine, though: the rear sight was wedged in there too tight, and all we succeeded in doing was to mar up the rear sight a little bit.

He's a good guy to work with, in my book--he helped me diagnose a problem with my Taurus snubbie and handled having it sent back for repairs under warranty, and he's a dealer for Ahrends S&W revolver grips (my favorite finger-groove grips), too.