• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mulvaney's Wagon Wheel Restaraunt in Santee

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

The NRA Members Council meets there the second Wednesday of every month. The restaurant lets us use their banquet room at no charge. Many of us eat dinner there before and during the meeting, but there is no requirement to buy anything.

I spoke with one of the owners and she has no problem with open carry in the restaurant. She simply asked that I don't go in the bar with it. I didn't ask what her objection is because I am her guest and didn't want to push my luck.
I wore my sidearm to last month's meeting and it generated a little discussion and interest.

I know, I know, "pretty risky taking a gun to an NRA meeting", but I'm a dare-devil at heart.
:D

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

The thing I don't get is that bars will serve people who they know are then going to be driving home. Statistically, cars are far more dangerous than firearms. So if someone is sober enough to drive, they're sober enough to handle a firearm, IMO. Why do gun owners endure such discrimination at the hands of 'pro-gun' people?

I've sat and had a beer while armed on several occasions - usually when out to dinner. Two of those times I was bellied up to the bar - once at Chili's and once at Famous Sam's (which is in AZ, so I was carrying Condition One with my Glock). (I later found out that what I did in AZ is illegal - apparently there's a law against carrying into any place that sells liquor for consumption on site.)

Decoligny

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
The thing I don't get is that bars will serve people who they know are then going to be driving home. Statistically, cars are far more dangerous than firearms. So if someone is sober enough to drive, they're sober enough to handle a firearm, IMO. Why do gun owners endure such discrimination at the hands of 'pro-gun' people?

I've sat and had a beer while armed on several occasions - usually when out to dinner. Two of those times I was bellied up to the bar - once at Chili's and once at Famous Sam's (which is in AZ, so I was carrying Condition One with my Glock). (I later found out that what I did in AZ is illegal - apparently there's a law against carrying into any place that sells liquor for consumption on site.)
That is one thing that CA has over AZ in the gun laws, there is no law against carrying a gun into a bar.

giaking70

imported post

lets hold an OC Dinner there in the near future. I live just a few miles from the place and the foods really great. Any takers?