• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 21

Mortalis07

imported post

don't know if this is allowed on these forums but if its not won't happen again lol. i currently carry a glock 21 which while i like the weapons reliability and accuracy i am looking to trade it for something smaller as tbh my hands aren't really all that big. thanks

Springfield45

imported post

Mortalis07 wrote:
don't know if this is allowed on these forums but if its not won't happen again lol. i currently carry a glock 21 which while i like the weapons reliability and accuracy i am looking to trade it for something smaller as tbh my hands aren't really all that big. thanks
Mortalis07,

First Welcome to the forum. Second, I will go ahead an assume that
you're asking for advice on something similar to, yet smaller than your G21.

Ok, here is my $0.02. I've owned a Glock 21 (I own Several Glocks). The G21
just didn't seem to fit my hand the way I liked it to. The grip needed to be smaller.
But I like the feel of the .45... So, I invested in the G21SF, it's a G21 with a
narrower grip, yet still chambered in .45 ACP. I suggest you handle/fire one
and see how you like it.

If that's still not your cup of tea, check out the G22.

~~Springfield

giaking70

imported post

I second the vote on the Glock 21SF. I have fired it at the range and its not bad a pistol at all. Like you said, the G21 is just a bit too big, I agree and had the same problem with that same gun. I now carry a Glock 37 chambered in .45 GAP. But you wont be disappointed with the G21SF if you still want a Glock chambered for the .45 ACP.
In factual notes here, a lot of folks were disappointed with the G21 because it just was not too "user friendly" as most like to put it cause they could not get their smaller hands around the bigger grip. That's why Glock made the G21SF "Slim Frame". Hope this helps you a bit....good luck.

Mortalis07

imported post

thanks for all the replies folks -- in awnser to the first guy yes i am mainly lookin for advice but also hopin one of ya'll are interested in tradin ;-) never heard of the G21SF but the size of the grip IS the only real problem i have w/ it. can't get my hands around it right. as to the last guy i like glocks but my preference's are magnum revolvers w/ 3 inch barrels and 1911 style semi-auto's. thanks

giaking70

imported post

I have a Springfield Armory .1911 and the grip on those types are probably the best anywhere. Comfortable and very ease of use...if you are comfortable with those "types", then stick with what you're comfortable with instead of going out and forking over the hard earned cash for a newer weapon. Magnums are great as well but would more then likely be heavier. But, this is just my .02 cents worth and I personally would just go with what you're comfortable with carrying.

As for the Glock 21SF, it was designed with a smaller frame in mind due to the many complaints from around the world that people just can not get their little hands around the G21. Therefore, Glock designed the SF "Small Frame" for those wanting a full sized .45 but with the ease of use. Go to your local gun dealer and check it out for yourself.

Mortalis07

imported post

lol tried that none of the ones near me carry it plus i can't afford to fork over another 600 bucks for basically the same weapon. one of the benifits to prefering revolvers. several of the ones i like are more affordable but i would love to find an affordable 1911.

david.ross

imported post

You know... I was having issues using my XD .45 for the same reason... until I started to build more muscle then the "big grip" was not an issue even though the grip appears to be big for my hands. I recommend building muscle over getting a smaller gun.

Also, I just purchased a nice G21 with trijicon sights, I can't wait to pick up my new gun. :) I'm not ditching XD, I just wanted a gun which I could use in a safariland level III duty holster. If a cop can't figure out how to draw my gun out during an unlawful detainment, I'm sure a cop will have fun trying to get my gun out with a level III in case of future harassment.

giaking70

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
You know... I was having issues using my XD .45 for the same reason... until I started to build more muscle then the "big grip" was not an issue even though the grip appears to be big for my hands. I recommend building muscle over getting a smaller gun.

Also, I just purchased a nice G21 with trijicon sights, I can't wait to pick up my new gun. :) I'm not ditching XD, I just wanted a gun which I could use in a safariland level III duty holster. If a cop can't figure out how to draw my gun out during an unlawful detainment, I'm sure a cop will have fun trying to get my gun out with a level III in case of future harassment.
sorry but I had to laugh over that one...can just see a LEO trying to determine if you are loaded or not. "I cant get his weapon out...you try Joe"....lol

david.ross

imported post

>.> I consider myself much smaller. I'm 5'4 weighing in at about 150lbs.

I'm not saying muscle mass as in the whole body, but as in hands and arms. I've little to no trouble shooting my XD .45 now compared to 8 months ago. My problem was the gun was twitching in my hand when firing, not matter how much I clamped two handed pulling the gun to me with my left I wasn't able to get a good "grip".Though it may be different issues with different people, that was mine.

david.ross

imported post

giaking70 wrote:
sorry but I had to laugh over that one...can just see a LEO trying to determine if you are loaded or not. "I cant get his weapon out...you try Joe"....lol
Well the Alaska state trooper... had no clue how to get my gun out. I said something like, "... are you kidding me... With this holster, you have to push and and forward."

Mortalis07

imported post

didn't have that problem - however maybe i'm just too picky - i was trained to keep the weapon lined up w/ your wrist and forearm when shooting and that is how i am most accurate. i have to actually twist my wrist a good 20 degrees just to be able to pull the trigger so while i CAN accuratly fire the weapon, i cannot do so confortably and that could be an issue if i ever have to rely on it in a hostile situation. - wouldn't be an issue if i could carry around an m16 lol

Marco

imported post

The new SF is suppose to be smaller/thinner than the original 20/21 but I can't tell the difference.

Almost, all of the other polymer frame guns are smaller/thinner than even the SF.

I carry a G20 (same sized grip frame) it fits my hand like a custom made glove and I'm only 5'7".

As a former marine maybe you're accustomed to the grip size/feel of the M9?

If you are dead set on getting rid of you're G21 you can try to sell/trade it here:
http://www.vaguntrader.com/

The site is dedicated to Virginians buying, selling and trading with each other.
I've completed a half dozen deals so far without a hitch and have two more pending.

Good Luck.

ETA:
had wrong model#