• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Pro

TehGruu

imported post

I copied my post from the Sig Forum. I figured since I signed the petition for open carry in Texas and have been to this site daily for almost two weeks that I would share. :)

W00t! Well, I actually got it about a year and a half and just shot it for the first time last weekend. Lol, I know, I know. Living in Texas and never fired it. Shame on me but stuff happens. Anyways.

I was amazed and am totally in love with my 2022. It's 9mm and a joy to shoot. "Shelly" is still being broken in. Well, I guess we both are. It's been 3 years since I fired anything. I used to have a collection of nice pistols. I had a couple glocks, a kimber, a Smith .357 and a USP. Due to financial issues I sadly had to part with them one at a time. But I am building back up! I have my Sig and added a Taurus 85 ultra-lite .38 recently. Both are nice "budget guns" imo.

Back to the range...I fired 250 rounds with the help of a friend. I shot 100 remmington white box(wally world special) 100 Federal, 50 UMC and in the middle of that I popped off 8 Hornady Critical Defense to check feeding. No issues! Well, from me anyway. Lol my friend had never fired a gun before and had 2 jams and one round that didn't feed properly and caused poor Shelly to go out of battery. Lol I was like "Dude! WTF are you doing to my gun?!"

Anyway, those were the only issues and after he figured out that you hold and shoot a gun differently than the movies, no more issues. I was pleased that the only problems were from user error. I can honestly say that I would trust my life with her.

I just have a couple of newbie questions. Will the cleaning products and oil damage the polymer in any way? I use good ole Hoppe's # 9. You know, the stuff that kills your brain cells. Also, I spotted what looks like some rust forming on the barrel hood, the part that's exposed through the slide when it's forward. That made me cry a little. However, I ordered a cloth to fix that from Top Gun as well as some more silcone cloths and got a sample coming through the mail of some gun grease I may switch too.

Well, thanks for reading! Now to look for a compact .45...

Oh, pic time! Lol keep in mind it was windy and I haven't shot in 3 years. The wild shots are from me getting used to the double action. I put 30 rounds into this one. I think I did ok for being rusty.

sigproday1.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome to OCDO - good people and conversation here.

Please edit your profile to show your home state. It makes a difference in some replies and the moderators appreciate it.

The rust on the barrel was probably caused by leaving it laying around for a year and a half without cleaning and oiling.

Jambs/failure to feed were most likely caused by limp wristing - a common new shooter problem.

Yata hey

TehGruu

imported post

Hey, thanks for the reply. Profile updated. And I think you are spot on about the rust...Ah well, it's just a little and I'm getting something mild to remove it so it's all good. Well, again thank you for making me feel welcome. :)