Thread: Dallas: Your gun for groceries.

Post imported post

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/a...-gift-car.html

Your gun for groceries.

That's the goal of a gun buyback from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Reunion Arena, during which each unloaded, operational firearm surrendered will fetch a $50 Kroger grocery gift card.

People trading in their guns must present identification, city officials say.

"It would be a failure on our part if we do not take an initiative," said Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway, who is helping lead the effort.

Event sponsors include Dallas Police, KBFB-FM 97.9 "The Beat," and KSOC-FM 94.5, One-Dallas, Univision 23, Schepps Dairy and Better Dallas Safer Dallas.

Dallas is not using public money to purchase the gift cards, which Kroger is providing at a 30 percent discount to event sponsors, Dallas spokesman Frank Librio said.

Meanwhile, Dallas writer and gun rights advocate Trey Garrison says he may conduct an alternative gun buyback of his own -- with better prices for sellers. He says he'll pay in cash, too.

How much might Garrison spend?

"Depends on what the hardware is," he tells us.

Post imported post

Your link is broken. Did you copy the link from a junk forum? :/ Generally junk forums limit the link when you see the posting.

Here is a working link.
    http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/a...-gift-car.html
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

gzcp31 wrote:
    Meanwhile, Dallas writer and gun rights advocate Trey Garrison says he may conduct an alternative gun buyback of his own -- with better prices for sellers. He says he'll pay in cash, too.

How much might Garrison spend?

"Depends on what the hardware is," he tells us.

Post imported post

We should definately get together and do a massive gun buy. Who's up?

Post imported post

gzcp31 wrote:
    "It would be a failure on our part if we do not take an initiative," said Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway, who is helping lead the effort.
    Initiative for what?

Asmart criminal would just stick someone up for $50 and get to keep his gun in the end.

A smart law abiding gun owner would keep his gun and pop a tasty animal and easily save $50 at the grocery store.

Post imported post

What we need is a politician buy-back. Rod Blagojevich could help out.