• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dallas: Your gun for groceries.

gzcp31

imported post

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/a...-gift-car.html

Your gun for groceries.

That's the goal of a gun buyback from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Reunion Arena, during which each unloaded, operational firearm surrendered will fetch a $50 Kroger grocery gift card.

People trading in their guns must present identification, city officials say.

"It would be a failure on our part if we do not take an initiative," said Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway, who is helping lead the effort.

Event sponsors include Dallas Police, KBFB-FM 97.9 "The Beat," and KSOC-FM 94.5, One-Dallas, Univision 23, Schepps Dairy and Better Dallas Safer Dallas.

Dallas is not using public money to purchase the gift cards, which Kroger is providing at a 30 percent discount to event sponsors, Dallas spokesman Frank Librio said.

Meanwhile, Dallas writer and gun rights advocate Trey Garrison says he may conduct an alternative gun buyback of his own -- with better prices for sellers. He says he'll pay in cash, too.

How much might Garrison spend?

"Depends on what the hardware is," he tells us.

KBCraig

imported post

gzcp31 wrote:
Meanwhile, Dallas writer and gun rights advocate Trey Garrison says he may conduct an alternative gun buyback of his own -- with better prices for sellers. He says he'll pay in cash, too.

How much might Garrison spend?

"Depends on what the hardware is," he tells us.

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

gzcp31 wrote:
"It would be a failure on our part if we do not take an initiative," said Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway, who is helping lead the effort.

Initiative for what?

Asmart criminal would just stick someone up for $50 and get to keep his gun in the end.

A smart law abiding gun owner would keep his gun and pop a tasty animal and easily save $50 at the grocery store.