Thread: New here...hello to everyone

Post imported post

Just wanted to say hi folks. I recently obtain my ccw permit. I am a resident of Fredericksburg, VA. I had long thought about getting my permit, but decided to move on it after our last presidental election.

I have had more than average citizen experience with handguns and I am a supporter of the 2nd ammendment(stating all the obvious here). I have law enforcement experience (to a limited degree) and my bachelors in criminal justice. I stumbled on this forum when searching on new stories about the new va bill about expanding ccw permit holders to carry in resturants.

I am getting back into target shooting on a regular basis. Wondering if there is a group in the Fredericksburg area that has any regular get togethers for practice...etc? Love what I have seen on this site so far!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Welcome Darkhorse...happy to have you here.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Welcome!

Post imported post

Welcome
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Great.. another member (heh, heh).

Welcome aboard! Nice to have you here. We look forward to reading your posts of your new experiences.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

hello!!! and welcome

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum. I live in the Garrisonville area of Stafford. There are several of us on this forum that live inStafford/Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg area. There aren't any real groups that get together for practice in the area, that I know of. You do know about the THE RANGE on Potomac Creek Dr just off of Route 1? There are the Isaac Walton League clubs, but you have to be a member of the specific club in order to use the ranges. There is the Fredericksburg Rod and Gun Club, address is 10101 Benchmark Rd. Phone 540-898-9595. They may have a website also.

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcomes. I am indeed aware of "the range." Been several times. I thought it might be fun to gather folks with the common interest and do some target shooting. At a range is not bad....but on private land is even better. I have a friend who invited me to a friends home in theCulpepper area. While there wehad abit ofpractice on some targets. I am still working that connection. See if the land owner would be open to another day of the samething.

It would be really nice if I could get permission to do that again and have some local, gun advocates, have a nice safe place to get some outdoor target practice in (set up a temp range- marshall to run the fire line, etc). Plus a grill to cook some burgers, dogs, etc.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcomes. BTW- the news from Obamas camp was not good today. I hope there is a strong rejection from the gun rights groups. With all going on with the economy, maybe he will decide to put his anti gun agenda on hold.

Post imported post

how's it going, good to have you.

Your wish for a strong rejection from the gun rights groups is an understatement. People are livid over this and are much more organized this time around than in '94. Truly, change we can believe in.

Post imported post

Welcome it's alwaysgreat to have a new member:celebrate, That's one more person to help make a Stand to KEEP OUR RIGHT to BEAR ARMS, Open Carry, CONCEAL CARRY, and toProtect our Family and Love Ones. WISH WE HAD MORE, Like the great MEN and Women on this WEBSITE

Post imported post

Welcome Darkhorse

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome DarkHorse to OCDO. Lots of good people here and good conversation.

Check out VCDL - http://www.vcdl.org/ - and consider joining - best grassroots organization going bar none. At the very least sign up for their Va-Alerts which will keep you up to date on what is happening in Va. and with the General Assembly.

There are periodic meet-n-greets throughout the state. Look for them and meet some of the people here face to face.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Welcome DarkHorse to OCDO. Lots of good people here and good conversation.

Check out VCDL - http://www.vcdl.org/ - and consider joining - best grassroots organization going bar none. At the very least sign up for their Va-Alerts which will keep you up to date on what is happening in Va. and with the General Assembly.

There are periodic meet-n-greets throughout the state. Look for them and meet some of the people here face to face.

Yata hey
    Will do. I will research. I have a feeling that I will be joining based on what I see so far:celebrate

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Welcome!

Post imported post

Welcome! Always nice to have another OCer in the area.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Welcome Darkhorse,

I live in the north western corner of Stafford. I have 10 acres with a shooting range set up in my back pasture. I've thought about inviting some of the Stafford area OCDO members over for a shoot. Maybe we can put one together. I was just out there this afternoon with my two brother-in-laws. Shot a variety of 9mm guns and my relatively new AR15.

I frequently carry open in the Garrisonville/Stafford/Fburg areas. I was just at Outback in Gville open carrying last night.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

jegoodin wrote:
    Welcome Darkhorse,

snip
    I frequently carry open in the Garrisonville/Stafford/Fburg areas. I was just at Outback in Gville open carrying last night.

I went there last night (about 1930)myself but with a 45 minute wait, the princess and I decided to go somewhere else.

Post imported post

jegoodin wrote:
    Welcome Darkhorse,

I live in the north western corner of Stafford. I have 10 acres with a shooting range set up in my back pasture. I've thought about inviting some of the Stafford area OCDO members over for a shoot. Maybe we can put one together. I was just out there this afternoon with my two brother-in-laws. Shot a variety of 9mm guns and my relatively new AR15.

OMG! How did I miss your response! I am so sorry. I will send you a pm.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Welcome DarkHorse - glad to see the Glock logo!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Welcome DarkHorse - glad to see the Glock logo!
    Thanks! I have stayed in the .40 s&w family....glock 22, 23, 27(maybe soon). I may move onto the .45 acp"family" here soon. Or...might be diving to an ar-15. Been holding off on it....I know if I do it I will be dumping a bunch of money into it right away.:shock:At this point in history... I will be paying a lot for one I am sure.