• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh my god, we have friends within our nevada government.

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Oh my god, they actually listen to us. Contact these legislators/assemblyman from now on for our second amendment rights!

Here's what I wrote (sent out to all nevada legislators), followed by the gentleman's response.

[size=[color="#000042"]My good legislators and nevadans,

My name is David *******]
. I am an Airman in the United states air force. Over the last few years I have seen our beloved freedoms be taken away, infringed, and ignored by the federal government. Our second amendment rights most of all, we will soon lose if we do not act soon. As a resident of nevada, and a US citizen, I desperately urge you and the other state officials to reassert our state's sovereignty in the interest of our constitutional rights. Let us follow in the path of the many other states. I eagerly wait your response. I would like to know what the state's position is on the subject of sovereignty, if any bills are being drafted, etc.

Thank you very much for your time. You may reply to this email or my work/government email at *********.

Regards,
David **********
Nevada Resident
United States Air Force
[/color][/size]

and his retort;

[align=left] [align=left]My good friend Assemblyman Pete Goicoechea has been able to modify one of his bills, of which I will be a co-sponsor[/align] [align=left][/align] [align=left]He was able to take a resolution that he was going to do, and change it to a 10th amendment states rights affirmation bill. [/align] [align=left][/align] [align=left]Please call or email him to thank him for bringing this bill forward. [/align] [align=left][/align] [align=left] Goicoechea, Pete (Party) Republican (District) Churchill (Part), Eureka, Humboldt (Part), Lander (Part), Lyon (Part), Pershing, Washoe (Part), White Pine, No. 35 P.O. Box 97
Eureka,NV 89316-0097 (Wk) 775-684-8573
(LCB Room Number) 4104
(Term ends) Nov. 2010
(EMail) pgoicoechea@asm.state.nv.us[/align][/align] James Settelmeyer

ourmanthejoker

imported post

More information:

James Settelmeyer hopes to change CCW law, ;D for the better

Second article down
http://daveinvegasguntalk.blogtownhall.com/

Edit:

Pete goicoechea is rated A+ by NRA. I'm going to try and meet with both of them over the next month or so and chat Second amendment and the direction nevada is going.

varminter22

imported post

Excellent letter.

Indeed, Assemblymen Settelmeyer and Goicoechea are friends.

Mr Goicoechea (Asm for my district) was our guest speaker at our first club dinner (and firearms raffle) and Mr Settelmeyer was our guest speaker at our second dinner/raffle.

By the way, N Las Vegas Mayor (and prospective NV Gov candidate) Montandon will be guest speaker at our next dinner/raffle (March) - we are looking forward to that!

As Bill Draft Requests become Bills, they will be available on the official legislature website for all to see. www.leg.state.nv.us/contains a wealth of info and I encourage everyone to use it!

icode

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
Excellent letter.

Indeed, Assemblymen Settelmeyer and Goicoechea are friends.

Mr Goicoechea (Asm for my district) was our guest speaker at our first club dinner (and firearms raffle) and Mr Settelmeyer was our guest speaker at our second dinner/raffle.

By the way, N Las Vegas Mayor (and prospective NV Gov candidate) Montandon will be guest speaker at our next dinner/raffle (March) - we are looking forward to that!

As Bill Draft Requests become Bills, they will be available on the official legislature website for all to see. http://www.leg.state.nv.us/contains a wealth of info and I encourage everyone to use it!
I thought N Las Vegas still has crappy OC laws on their books???!!!??