• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new AWB on the way!!!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
And there we go. I think that supports the "trial balloon" theory. Anti-2A Holder was the best one to float it as his anti-2A views are well known and vetted. I would guess that either internal polling data showed that it wasn't going to fly OR Nancy is just astute enough to realize that no matter what Obama might say that passing an AWB could very likely cause her to lose the Speakership in the mid-terms or at least threaten her position, perhaps a combination.

If we can get Reid to make a similar statement it may calm the firearms markets, reduce speculative buying and allow inventories to catch up to demand making things more affordable again for a bit.

Tekman

imported post

If we can get Reid to make a similar statement it may calm the firearms markets, reduce speculative buying and allow inventories to catch up to demand making things more affordable again for a bit.

Amen to that brother

KansasMustang

imported post

So much for "They'll be too busy trying to fix the economy to bother with our guns" Donkey. You've been awful quiet here lately.
Hopefully the RNC will get enough cajones to get back in control of the congress. If they miss the golden opportunity in 2010 we're all :cuss: well,,you know what I said.
Keep your powder dry!

ddog101775

imported post

not to be rude, but do people here actually believe pelosi? she's a lying, manipulative...well, i shouldn't finish that sentence.

the only thing that makes her statement even somewhat fathomable is that she might haveactually seen themassive increase in guns, ammo, andltcf purchases since nov. 4, and she realized shedoesn't want to touch that, yet.

edited for idiotic word mix-up.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ddog101775 wrote:
not to be rude, but do people here actually believe pelosi? she's a lying, manipulative...well, i shouldn't finish that sentence.

the only thing that makes her statement even somewhat fathomable is that she might haveactually seen themassage increase in guns, ammo, andltcf purchases since nov. 4, and she realized shedoesn't want to touch that, yet.
Do I believe that Pelosi doesn't "want" to pass gun control or even gun bans? Not in the least. Do I believe that she will give up that issue ;for now to stay in power as long as she can? Absolutely.

darthmord

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
ddog101775 wrote:

the only thing that makes her statement even somewhat fathomable is that she might haveactually seen themassage increase in guns, ammo, andltcf purchases since nov. 4, and she realized shedoesn't want to touch that, yet.
Do I believe that Pelosi doesn't "want" to pass gun control or even gun bans? Not in the least. Do I believe that she will give up that issue ;for now to stay in power as long as she can? Absolutely.

Yep. Always watch for the 'enlightened self-interest'. Like any corrupt politician (I suppose there are other types out there... somewhere), she wants to stay in power more than she wants to pass undesirable legislation.

Going full monty Anti-2nd would cost her power, position, and prestige. That's a cost she's not willing to accept at this time.

Greed can be a useful attribute if managed in one's opponents properly. Just don't get too greedy yourself.

unreconstructed1

imported post

deepdiver wrote:

exactly. I believe that the term "assault weapons ban" has become as terrifying to the anti gun politicians as it has to us. while they will certainly attampt to pass such legislation, they have learned to not be so bold about it. watch for the ban to come about again, but this time piecemeal.

If they do it all at once, we are aware of it, and they will pay with their control of Congress. they have learned this. what they will do, I believe, is to attempt to "sneak it in" one piece at a time, since that is where they have the most luck, ie:

oh well that aint too bad....

well that sounds reasonable enough....

oh well at least they aren't trying to ban them all...

until they reach their goal.

MetalChris

Dahwg

imported post

Tekman wrote:

Amen to that brother

Read somewhere that he did. I'll see if I can look it up. Seems this was a trail balloon floated by the Obama administration- guess it got shot down pretty fast. The blue dog dems are in no hurry to rush into another 1994 Republican takeover, and it seems that neither are the hard core lefties.

Let's see how long this lasts.

The Donkey

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Holder made comments about reinstating the ban today in conjunction with announcing the arrest of over 700 perps in Mexican cartel raids but nothing reported across several sites as detailed as this interview report from ABC.

DONKEY tell us again how the dems are not a threat to our 2A rights and how this won't pass in the dem controlled senate so I can sleep tonight!!!!!

ETA: Hey, why don't we spend part of that POS $787 Billion liberal spending package on, oh I don't know, BUILDING THE FRIGGIN" FENCE!!!!!!!

This won't pass the friggin Senate.

So go ahead and put away the Ambien and the brandy.

The Donkey

wrightme

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
ufcfanvt wrote:

He did.....
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4509

Holder was still enjoying the high (pardon the pun) that he must have felt from his media moment when Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) reminded him that it isn't the Attorney General who makes laws in the United States. Asked whether Holder had spoken to her before putting himself in front of the national news cameras, Pelosi said "no," adding, "I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now." Shortly thereafter, the office of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) stated flatly that "Senator Reid would oppose an effort [to] reinstate the ban if the Senate were to vote on it in the future."

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
(snip)

DONKEY tell us again how the dems are not a threat to our 2A rights and how this won't pass in the dem controlled senate so I can sleep tonight!!!!!
George W. Bush (#43) supported the ban also, so I really don't see it is a republican/democrat issue... some members of both parties have attempted to limit the 2nd Amendment rights of citizens; some members of both parties have supported 2nd Amendment rights. Relying on a "D" or an "R" as a measure of their stance on any gun issue is a HUGE error.

AbNo

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
George W. Bush (#43) supported the ban also, so I really don't see it is a republican/democrat issue... some members of both parties have attempted to limit the 2nd Amendment rights of citizens; some members of both parties have supported 2nd Amendment rights. Relying on a "D" or an "R" as a measure of their stance on any gun issue is a HUGE error.
Todd did good. :lol: