• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for holster

chiefjason

imported post

I had my hopes up for a blackhawk style paddle holster, but none seem to exist. Bought a soft nylon holster for now, but I don't like how it feels. Does anyone have this gun and carry it? I'm thinking the next option is a leather holster. Don't really want to shell out the money and "hope" it works. Nobody seems to make a holster specifically for this model. So, does anybody have a holster they like for a S&W 457? Thanks for any info.

david.ross

imported post

Blackhawk isn't my cup of tea with the whole button to release...

I recommend searching http://www.copsplus.com

belt style safariland the for S&W 457
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1709.php

TBH, I think Blackhawk holsters are junk. Also, if you're serious about OCing everywhere, buy a duty belt + belt holster + belt keepers. That way you can take the gun off with the belt attached.

A duty belt goes over your regular belt, you do not loop it through your pants. The belt keepers go around both belts.

There doesn't seem to be much of a selection for your 457, but I've just went through a couple pages on the search.

chiefjason

imported post

The 457 seems to be the redheaded step child from S&W. I spent over an hour looking and found nothing specifically for it. I like the Don Hume's, but would like to get my hands on one before I lay down $50+ bucks and hope it fits. May have to hit one of the gun shows and look around.