Thread: Carson City Laws and regs

Post imported post

As we all know nevada is a free state in regards to firearms and what not, however!

I am scheduling a meeting with Assemblyman Paul Aizley to thank him for hearing me out on the sovereignty things, and also mayhaps shoot the @#$% about gun rights.
    I'll be open carrying when I meet him, so I just wanted to know if Carson city had any stupid regs on the books like north las vegas does (even though they would be null but 'd like to be prepared on that day).

-david

Edit: and what the, no swearing on this forum?! but..but.. i'm a soldier.. it's what we do?!

Activist Member

Post imported post

No local regulations that I am aware of, but firearms aren't allowed in the legislative building or anywhere else that the legislature is conducting business per NRS 218.542

Post imported post

Hm. So do you think it would be wise to exercise? Perhaps if we were in a public area it would be fine.
    -david

Post imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
    Hm. So do you think it would be wise to exercise? Perhaps if we were in a public area it would be fine.
    -david
    A public area would be fine, but governement buildings like the legislature are prohibited. Mom and Pops diner, across from the legislative building is a popular lunch spot for the reps. that you might use. No other strange regs. in Carson City and I know that the sheriff knows OC is legal.

Post imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
    ...even though they would be null...
    The Nevada Attorney General does not agree.

Ken