• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carson City Laws and regs

ourmanthejoker

imported post

As we all know nevada is a free state in regards to firearms and what not, however!

I am scheduling a meeting with Assemblyman Paul Aizley to thank him for hearing me out on the sovereignty things, and also mayhaps shoot the @#$% about gun rights.
I'll be open carrying when I meet him, so I just wanted to know if Carson city had any stupid regs on the books like north las vegas does (even though they would be null but 'd like to be prepared on that day).

-david

Edit: and what the, no swearing on this forum?! but..but.. i'm a soldier.. it's what we do?!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

No local regulations that I am aware of, but firearms aren't allowed in the legislative building or anywhere else that the legislature is conducting business per NRS 218.542

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Hm. So do you think it would be wise to exercise? Perhaps if we were in a public area it would be fine.
-david

Loneviking

imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
Hm. So do you think it would be wise to exercise? Perhaps if we were in a public area it would be fine.
-david
A public area would be fine, but governement buildings like the legislature are prohibited. Mom and Pops diner, across from the legislative building is a popular lunch spot for the reps. that you might use. No other strange regs. in Carson City and I know that the sheriff knows OC is legal.