Thread: Act 537 PA 2008 App by Gov 01-12-2008 * Effective Mar 31-2009

Post imported post

Some How I missed this! Just Who is Controlling Who ? http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(5se...e=2007-HB-4611

House Bill 4611 (2007)

Public Act 537 of 2008 (Effective: 3/31/2009) Find this PA in the MCL

Sponsors Rick Jones- (primary)
    John Espinoza, Terry Brown, Mike Nofs, John Stahl, Joel Sheltrown, Gino Polidori, Bettie Scott, John Stakoe, Joe Hune, Jeff Mayes, Tonya Schuitmaker, Mark Meadows, Paul Condino, Steve Bieda, Brian Calley, Kevin Elsenheimer, Richard LeBlanc, David Law, Philip LaJoy, Tom Pearce, David Agema

Categories Law enforcement, other; Law enforcement, local police; Law enforcement, state police; Law enforcement, peace officers; Weapons, firearms; Weapons, licensing

Law enforcement; other; standards for training and qualification for certain former law enforcement officers to carry firearms; clarify for the purposes of federal law allowing the carrying of concealed weapons. Creates new act.
    Last Action: 12/31/2008 - assigned PA 537'08 2008 ADDENDA

Documents
    The following bill formatting applies to the 2007-2008 session:
    - New language in an amendatory bill may be shown in bold or UPPERCASE or both.
    - Language to be removed will be stricken.
    - Amendments made by the House will be blue with square brackets, such as: [House amended text].
    - Amendments made by the Senate will be red with double greater/lesser than symbols, such as: <<Senate amended text>>. (gray icons indicate that the action did not occur or that the document is not available)

House Introduced Bill
    Introduced bills appear as they were introduced and reflect no subsequent amendments or changes.

As Passed by the House
    As Passed by the House is the bill, as introduced, that includes any adopted House amendments.

As Passed by the Senate
    As Passed by the Senate is the bill, as received from the House, that includes any adopted Senate amendments.

Public Act
    Public Act is a bill that has become law.

HFA - Legislative Analysis

Summary as Introduced (07-17-07)
    This document analyzes: HB4611, HB4612

Analysis as Reported from Committee (08-07-07)

Senate Fiscal Analysis

COMMITTEE SUMMARY (6-17-08)

FLOOR SUMMARY (12-9-08)

ANALYSIS AS REPORTED FROM COMMITTEE (7-17-08)

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Finally a law that curbsLEO's from drinking and doing drugs while carrying a firearm either on or off duty.

If found guilty they could face criminal charges as well as lose their certification.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Finally a law that curbsLEO's from drinking and doing drugs while carrying a firearm either on or off duty.

If found guilty they could face criminal charges as well as lose their certification.
    Actually, it doesn't quite do that; apparently only RETIRED officers need a certificate and therefore, only retired officers (with a certificate) are subject to its requirements. Current LEO do not need to get a certificate.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    Venator wrote:

Actually, it doesn't quite do that; apparently only RETIRED officers need a certificate and therefore, only retired officers (with a certificate) are subject to its requirements. Current LEO do not need to get a certificate.
    Well damn I knew it was too good to be true.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Sorry
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.