Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New worry for a weapons ban?

Post imported post

OK, it may not be directly related to open carry.....

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story...824&page=1

Post imported post

Maybe I should buy that AK that I want? I really don't want to spend $600 on one since they used to cost six times less, but if Obama actually is going to go through with this ban, I guess I'll have no choice but to go out and buy one.

Post imported post

Guess I should have ordered that SCAR after all

Edit: And who gives a **** about Mexicos problems

Post imported post

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Don't worry, it's "just a few" changes.....you don't need these anyway.

Gun show loop hole....right....

Aren't ALL bullets potential cop killers?

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Shhhh...don't give them any ideas...

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Just like all people are potential murders, all men potential gigolos, etc
    ---

Post imported post

Obama has said that he believes in "common-sense gun legislation", but we all know that common-sense is not that common.

Post imported post

Like other states Virginia needs to pass some legislation reaffirming our constitutional rights. This is a direct assault on the 2nd amendment. They where easily able to push through a stimulus package that 90% of the people didn't want. It will be just as easy for them to pass a new AWB. I think fighting this on a state level and then actually doing something about it is our best hope.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    Maybe I should buy that AK that I want? I really don't want to spend $600 on one since they used to cost six times less, but if Obama actually is going to go through with this ban, I guess I'll have no choice but to go out and buy one.
    Where the hell can you find one for $600? All i've seen recently is $800+, even for Romanians which used to be around $400 back in summer. In summer when there was still hope of no obomination, the were around $400/$600/$700 for Romanian/Yugoslavian/Bulgarian respectively, at least up here in NOVA. Now its more like $800/$1000/$1200 from what i've seen

Post imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    Where the hell can you find one for $600? All i've seen recently is $800+, even for Romanians which used to be around $400 back in summer. In summer when there was still hope of no obomination, the were around $400/$600/$700 for Romanian/Yugoslavian/Bulgarian respectively, at least up here in NOVA. Now its more like $800/$1000/$1200 from what i've seen
    There's a little store next to JMU that has them for $566. I might buy one before I go home for spring break next week. I just bought a Kimber 1911 last week though, so I really shouldn't be spending any more right now.

Post imported post

"Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border. "I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum."

OMG!!

So it appears this is not all about the crime in the US but rather guns making it to Mexico!! So US citizens should be restricted access in order to help out another countries problem.

So the price goes up on the existing guns and the drug cartels having plenty of cash are the only people that can afford them. :?

Now if we are going to help stop guns from illegally going South are they going to help stop people from illegally coming North?

Post imported post

Classic Arms in NC has them for $500... for the time being. Lots of AKM and WASR on-hand, at least for now.

www.classicarms.us
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I also think that making the assault weapons ban permanent, would be something that would be permitted under Heller," Holder said
    Thank god that our heroes, the SCOTUS, didn't include any language in the Heller decision asserting that it "cannot" protect "sophisticated" weapons, referring specifically to the M-16 rifle or standard issue weapon for the infantryman of our own armed forces. :quirky

At the time I thought the implication was the AR-15s were protected but M-16s weren't. However I myself have argued that making the gun full-auto is not a matter of "sophistication". And then I realized that nowhere does Heller actually say it's talking about the M-16 and not AR-15s.

Face it, Holder's right. Heller won't be of any help. We'll need a new decision. And good luck with that, from our statist SCOTUS.

Post imported post

What we need is to cast off this tyranny and either go back to the drawing board or go our separate ways.

Then, when some foreign nation invades the unarmed liberal scumbag country we can either save them or simply point and laugh.

I refuse to be disarmed and I will exercise my Constitutional rights against any effort to infringe on them. Illegal laws have no standing.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    And all women potential prostitutes.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    Hunter, gird up your loins and get ready for a FREAKIN' fight! No time for fatalistic wussies :^).

Post imported post

look at it this way as well: If they wanted to pass a new AWB as a rider, they would have done so with the Stimulis.

The fact they didn't means, 1) isn't on the radar this year 2) isn't popular enough to pass at all.

at least i hope

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    look at it this way as well: If they wanted to pass a new AWB as a rider, they would have done so with the Stimulis.

The fact they didn't means, 1) isn't on the radar this year 2) isn't popular enough to pass at all.

at least i hope
    No way would they have gotten the 'bipartisan support' if it had been stuck in the Stimulus...

Post imported post

kle wrote:
    hsmith wrote:

at least i hope
    No way would they have gotten the 'bipartisan support' if it had been stuck in the Stimulus...
    What bipartisan support?? Three Republicans vote for it, and it's "bipartisan.", yet when 111 Congressman vote for the Iraqi war, it's a Bush policy ram-rodded down Dem throats by Republicans. The Liberal media makes me sick with their biased reporting!!!

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    Chaingun81 wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    There's a little store next to JMU that has them for $566. I might buy one before I go home for spring break next week. I just bought a Kimber 1911 last week though, so I really shouldn't be spending any more right now.
    hunter, i sent you a PM, please check. thanks!

Post imported post

All I can say is -Molon Labe!

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    Edit: And who gives a @#$% about Mexicos problems
    I'm certainly not defending this rediculous ban, but I think this might be a little bit short-sighted. When Mexico's government collapses (as it inevitably must), where do you think the refugees are going to go?

You think the illegal immigration problem is bad now? Wait until Mexico becomes a net oil importer in...about 18 months.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    rlh2005 wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    And all women potential prostitutes.

lol. You guys are worse than my logic professor was....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast