• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New worry for a weapons ban?

hunter45

imported post

Maybe I should buy that AK that I want? I really don't want to spend $600 on one since they used to cost six times less, but if Obama actually is going to go through with this ban, I guess I'll have no choice but to go out and buy one.

bohdi

imported post

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Don't worry, it's "just a few" changes.....you don't need these anyway.

Gun show loop hole....right....

Aren't ALL bullets potential cop killers?

ravonaf

imported post

Like other states Virginia needs to pass some legislation reaffirming our constitutional rights. This is a direct assault on the 2nd amendment. They where easily able to push through a stimulus package that 90% of the people didn't want. It will be just as easy for them to pass a new AWB. I think fighting this on a state level and then actually doing something about it is our best hope.

Chaingun81

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Maybe I should buy that AK that I want? I really don't want to spend $600 on one since they used to cost six times less, but if Obama actually is going to go through with this ban, I guess I'll have no choice but to go out and buy one.
Where the hell can you find one for $600? All i've seen recently is $800+, even for Romanians which used to be around $400 back in summer. In summer when there was still hope of no obomination, the were around $400/$600/$700 for Romanian/Yugoslavian/Bulgarian respectively, at least up here in NOVA. Now its more like $800/$1000/$1200 from what i've seen

hunter45

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Where the hell can you find one for $600? All i've seen recently is $800+, even for Romanians which used to be around $400 back in summer. In summer when there was still hope of no obomination, the were around $400/$600/$700 for Romanian/Yugoslavian/Bulgarian respectively, at least up here in NOVA. Now its more like $800/$1000/$1200 from what i've seen

There's a little store next to JMU that has them for $566. I might buy one before I go home for spring break next week. I just bought a Kimber 1911 last week though, so I really shouldn't be spending any more right now.

LEO 229

imported post

"Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border. "I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum."

OMG!!

So it appears this is not all about the crime in the US but rather guns making it to Mexico!! So US citizens should be restricted access in order to help out another countries problem.

So the price goes up on the existing guns and the drug cartels having plenty of cash are the only people that can afford them. :?

Now if we are going to help stop guns from illegally going South are they going to help stop people from illegally coming North?
:lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I also think that making the assault weapons ban permanent, would be something that would be permitted under Heller," Holder said

Thank god that our heroes, the SCOTUS, didn't include any language in the Heller decision asserting that it "cannot" protect "sophisticated" weapons, referring specifically to the M-16 rifle or standard issue weapon for the infantryman of our own armed forces. :quirky

At the time I thought the implication was the AR-15s were protected but M-16s weren't. However I myself have argued that making the gun full-auto is not a matter of "sophistication". And then I realized that nowhere does Heller actually say it's talking about the M-16 and not AR-15s.

Face it, Holder's right. Heller won't be of any help. We'll need a new decision. And good luck with that, from our statist SCOTUS.

wylde007

imported post

What we need is to cast off this tyranny and either go back to the drawing board or go our separate ways.

Then, when some foreign nation invades the unarmed liberal scumbag country we can either save them or simply point and laugh.

I refuse to be disarmed and I will exercise my Constitutional rights against any effort to infringe on them. Illegal laws have no standing.

Neplusultra

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Hunter, gird up your loins and get ready for a FREAKIN' fight! No time for fatalistic wussies :^).

hsmith

imported post

look at it this way as well: If they wanted to pass a new AWB as a rider, they would have done so with the Stimulis.

The fact they didn't means, 1) isn't on the radar this year 2) isn't popular enough to pass at all.

at least i hope

kle

imported post

hsmith wrote:
look at it this way as well: If they wanted to pass a new AWB as a rider, they would have done so with the Stimulis.

The fact they didn't means, 1) isn't on the radar this year 2) isn't popular enough to pass at all.

at least i hope
No way would they have gotten the 'bipartisan support' if it had been stuck in the Stimulus...