• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New worry for a weapons ban?

alnitak

imported post

kle wrote:
hsmith wrote:
look at it this way as well: If they wanted to pass a new AWB as a rider, they would have done so with the Stimulis.

The fact they didn't means, 1) isn't on the radar this year 2) isn't popular enough to pass at all.

at least i hope
No way would they have gotten the 'bipartisan support' if it had been stuck in the Stimulus...
What bipartisan support?? Three Republicans vote for it, and it's "bipartisan.", yet when 111 Congressman vote for the Iraqi war, it's a Bush policy ram-rodded down Dem throats by Republicans. The Liberal media makes me sick with their biased reporting!!!

Chaingun81

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Maybe I should buy that AK that I want? I really don't want to spend $600 on one since they used to cost six times less, but if Obama actually is going to go through with this ban, I guess I'll have no choice but to go out and buy one.
Where the hell can you find one for $600? All i've seen recently is $800+, even for Romanians which used to be around $400 back in summer. In summer when there was still hope of no obomination, the were around $400/$600/$700 for Romanian/Yugoslavian/Bulgarian respectively, at least up here in NOVA. Now its more like $800/$1000/$1200 from what i've seen

There's a little store next to JMU that has them for $566. I might buy one before I go home for spring break next week. I just bought a Kimber 1911 last week though, so I really shouldn't be spending any more right now.
hunter, i sent you a PM, please check. thanks!

canadian

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Edit: And who gives a @#$% about Mexicos problems

I'm certainly not defending this rediculous ban, but I think this might be a little bit short-sighted. When Mexico's government collapses (as it inevitably must), where do you think the refugees are going to go?

You think the illegal immigration problem is bad now? Wait until Mexico becomes a net oil importer in...about 18 months.

hsmith

imported post

canadian wrote:
hsmith wrote:

I'm certainly not defending this rediculous ban, but I think this might be a little bit short-sighted. When Mexico's government collapses (as it inevitably must), where do you think the refugees are going to go?

You think the illegal immigration problem is bad now? Wait until Mexico becomes a net oil importer in...about 18 months.
So lets disarm US Citizens so they can't defend themselves against the inevitable collapse of Mexico

canadian

imported post

hsmith wrote:
canadian wrote:
hsmith wrote:

So lets disarm US Citizens so they can't defend themselves against the inevitable collapse of Mexico
That's not what I said. It's not even close. I said it was short-sighted to not be concerned about Mexico's problems. Do you disagree?

kle

imported post

canadian wrote:
That's not what I said. It's not even close. I said it was short-sighted to not be concerned about Mexico's problems. Do you disagree?
I think he was being sarcastic...

rebfan

imported post

I guess we should ban vehicles, since there is a huge market for stolen cars in Mexico which in fact does spur the drug trade. I love how our own Government does not mind following orders from Foreign Governments, yet does not bother to ask them to stop pushing their people illegally into our Country.

nova

imported post

rebfan wrote:
I guess we should ban vehicles, since there is a huge market for stolen cars in Mexico which in fact does spur the drug trade. I love how our own Government does not mind following orders from Foreign Governments, yet does not bother to ask them to stop pushing their people illegally into our Country.
Well, that's because we're a nation of cowards, of course! :cuss:

rebfan

imported post

nova wrote:
rebfan wrote:
Well, that's because we're a nation of cowards, of course! :cuss:
In more ways then one. Though, I would only consider libs to be cowards since they are always looking to cutting the Country down at the knees.

YllwFvr

imported post

I put in a few extra days over time a few months back afraid this would happen and prices would go up. 10/28/08 Polish TantalAK-S 74 5.45x39 Marked at $650

Checked yesterday 2/27/09 same rifle marked at $800 :shock:.Ammo went up $60 for an 800 rnd tin since I bought it then too, from $220-280. Nice eh? Wow

Tacitus

imported post

Didn't we go to war in 1812 and SHOOT foreign invaders? How will I do that without my guns and ammo?