• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No land mines. You guys are mean. We just need a double fence along the entire border with a "dead zone" between the fences, with motion/heat detector automatic firing systems miniguns mounted every so often. Anything human sized between the fences gets the minigun. Helicopters go out once a week and drop lye down the "no man's land" if the mini-guns have been activated. The key is that the minigun "trip" is only on the Mexican side fence. Pass through the fence from US to Mexico the targeting (which only can fire between the fences) is not activated. This isn't the Berlin Wall. We don't care if people want to leave, just if they want to come in other than through border check points. Ok, maybe a little over the top.

I have been and am in favor of building the damn physical fence along the entire border. Let's use a big chunk of the $787 billion spending bill for something usefull like that. It'll save us billions in gov't aid and unpaid healthcare. Horseback border patrols sound like a good idea as well. I'm mad as hell that our gov't which is charged in the constitution to protect any state from invasion has just blown off the Mexican and South American invasion across the Mexican border.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
SNIP I'm mad as hell that our gov't which is charged in the constitution to protect any state from invasion has just blown off the Mexican and South American invasion across the Mexican border.
Have you read about Nepolit--whatever her name is, and Obama's reaction to the recent arrest of illegals at an engineshop in (Washington state?)?

Obama said something like the system is broken and needsreform.

Ha!! It needs enforcement. Thanks, Prez, for telegraphing yourintentions.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

He's gonna go for Amnesty... Hide 'n watch!

We'll be overrrun 'n out voted permanentlyin no time flat... :cuss:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
He's gonna go for Amnesty... Hide 'n watch!

We'll be overrrun 'n out voted permanentlyin no time flat...
Oh, yes. Thanks for reminding me. I did hear that, too.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have heard about the bill with "back door amnesty" in it and I also read today about Napolitano's objections to the raid without informing her and her suspension of further raids until there is a "review". Yep, mad as hell.

r6-rider

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
The fastest way to end the violence in Mexico is to end the War On (some) Drugs in the U.S.
the fastest way to end violence in Mexico is to end Mexico itself. It would need a full government take over to get that country back together which even still they would rise again

i also vote for mines:celebrate

redlegagent

imported post

I thought this was a thread about AWB, but it appears to have morphed into illegal immigration. :shock: Democrats aren't as stupid as some would like to think. Direct attack on guns would be political dynamite and right now they are busy laying foundations for a new "new society". Pelosi likes the taste of power and I doubt she'll squander it just yet. Look for "variations" of restrictions to lay the ground work for a total ban down the road some time. They must make it look "reasonable" so they can build upon it in the media and sway the SCOTUS with new recruits who favor them in the future. As for the Mexico situation, remember what Colin Powell said about Iraq - "you break it, you bought it". Any direct intervention on our part would be suicide. This will have to go thru the UN. Land mines and electronic gun towers? :uhoh: Sounds like too many people have been watching too many movies. We have the UN on our behind just for locking people up in Gitmo. Does the UN ban on land mines sound familiar?? I agree, we need a fence - but don't get your hopes too high. When I was in the Army, I patrolled the East German Border with my unit. It had land mines, electric fences, towers, dogs, radar, etc. and people still managed to get across it. NOTHING is full proof when people are determined to get around. Technology always supercedes response. Just look at Iraq and how quickly the IEDs have evolved. Gotta keep it real folks. ;)

KansasMustang

imported post

I like they way Sonora Rebel thinks! There's more gooks in the wire than ever. Foo Gas, trip flares,Claymores on tripwires. Now That's the way you defend a perimeter!
Keep your powder dry!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
I like they way Sonora Rebel thinks! There's more gooks in the wire than ever. Foo Gas, trip flares,Claymores on tripwires. Now That's the way you defend a perimeter!
Keep your powder dry!
'Been there, Done that Sgt Major.... Not bad for a Squid huh?

Alexcabbie

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
I thought this was a thread about AWB, but it appears to have morphed into illegal immigration. :shock: Democrats aren't as stupid as some would like to think. Direct attack on guns would be political dynamite and right now they are busy laying foundations for a new "new society". Pelosi likes the taste of power and I doubt she'll squander it just yet. Look for "variations" of restrictions to lay the ground work for a total ban down the road some time. They must make it look "reasonable" so they can build upon it in the media and sway the SCOTUS with new recruits who favor them in the future. As for the Mexico situation, remember what Colin Powell said about Iraq - "you break it, you bought it". Any direct intervention on our part would be suicide. This will have to go thru the UN. Land mines and electronic gun towers? :uhoh: Sounds like too many people have been watching too many movies. We have the UN on our behind just for locking people up in Gitmo. Does the UN ban on land mines sound familiar?? I agree, we need a fence - but don't get your hopes too high. When I was in the Army, I patrolled the East German Border with my unit. It had land mines, electric fences, towers, dogs, radar, etc. and people still managed to get across it. NOTHING is full proof when people are determined to get around. Technology always supercedes response. Just look at Iraq and how quickly the IEDs have evolved. Gotta keep it real folks. ;)
Okay. Number one F&*k the United Nations. Any org that permits a fat, buffoonish chump-change dictator to call our President "The Devil" and say that the stink of sulfur is still at the podium and applauds him for saying so can go move to Brussels, where they will get parking tickets, diplomat or not.

Number two, people DID get through the Berlin Wall, BUT NOT 20 FREAKING MILLION OF THEM and those who did spoke the common language of the other side and were good for something other than doing dishes and cleaning hotel rooms.

Number three, this subject has to do with the original subject as follows: Defending the border is one of those things the Federal Government is not only permitted to do but actually obliged to do by the Constitution, yet they are derelict in this regard; while banning weapons is not only NOT AUTHORIZED but SPECIFICALLY FORBIDDEN the Feds by the Constitution, yet THIS they go at hammer-and-tongs.

And dat's da name o' dat tune.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

KansasMustang

imported post

Not too shabby, not too shabby at all. 'Course I'm wondering how many people actually know what "Foo Gas is? Little bit of petrol and Ivory soap flakes can go a long way ;)
Keep your powder dry!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Screw the UN... Does the border between the Korea's ring a bell? It's one thing to plant mines willy nilly for some temporary area denial 'n quite another to use 'em on your own border (clearly marked and fenced) Cross the wire 'n do so at your own risk. This border ain't Berlin... 'n for most of it there's nuthin' but a single strand of wire 'tween the US and Mexico... and it's REMOTE! There's well over 200 miles of border between Pima County 'n Mexico alone. This is still sovereign nation (for the time being) 'n responsible for it's own defense. Make me laugh when I see these TSA 'n Customs goons goin' thru their machinations at the airport with littl ol' blue haird ladies when there's NOTHING betweenUS 'n THEM not 50 miles away. Who the THEM is can be anybody.

"The object in life is not to stand with the majority, but to escape from the ranks of the insane.": Marcus Aurelius

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

redlegagent wrote:
Democrats aren't as stupid as some would like to think. Direct attack on guns would be political dynamite

You give the pro-gun crowd FAR too much credit. No one is worried about passing any anti-gun legislation. The pro-gun'ers couldn't even stop Obama from getting elected, not even close. No politician is even the least bit worried about this fringe issue group.

redlegagent

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Screw the UN... Does the border between the Korea's ring a bell? It's one thing to plant mines willy nilly for some temporary area denial 'n quite another to use 'em on your own border (clearly marked and fenced) Cross the wire 'n do so at your own risk. This border ain't Berlin... 'n for most of it there's nuthin' but a single strand of wire 'tween the US and Mexico... and it's REMOTE! There's well over 200 miles of border between Pima County 'n Mexico alone. This is still sovereign nation (for the time being) 'n responsible for it's own defense. Make me laugh when I see these TSA 'n Customs goons goin' thru their machinations at the airport with littl ol' blue haird ladies when there's NOTHING betweenUS 'n THEM not 50 miles away. Who the THEM is can be anybody.

"The object in life is not to stand with the majority, but to escape from the ranks of the insane.": Marcus Aurelius

Just trying to make a few points. Yeah, it's easy to say screw the UN or the rest of the world. This is our country yadda..yadda..yadda. But you see folks - we don't really stand alone. The money from this stimulus bill is coming from - yup, other nations - who are buying our debt. Actually, right now the US owes so much money to other nations,that if everyone cashed out - we would collapse like a house of cards. Our economy would fold over night because our money would be worthless. Suppose they build this "war zone" everyone wants. What about all the ranchers etc. who would lose their property under eminent domain to create this "zone" which would have to be manned. Can't have any civilians wander into it and get hurt, might sue everyone you know. You know, in the 2008 national elections, the Libertarian Party garnered a whopping 0.4% of all of the votes cast. Now I could really care less about them exceptI frequently see their positions turn up in this forum. If people want to go thru life believing that the rest of the world "doesn't matter" - that's fine. Just never forget that the vast,vast, majority of this country - doesn't agree. ;)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
Just trying to make a few points. Yeah, it's easy to say screw the UN or the rest of the world. This is our country yadda..yadda..yadda. But you see folks - we don't really stand alone. The money from this stimulus bill is coming from - yup, other nations - who are buying our debt. Actually, right now the US owes so much money to other nations,that if everyone cashed out - we would collapse like a house of cards. Our economy would fold over night because our money would be worthless. Suppose they build this "war zone" everyone wants. What about all the ranchers etc. who would lose their property under eminent domain to create this "zone" which would have to be manned. Can't have any civilians wander into it and get hurt, might sue everyone you know. You know, in the 2008 national elections, the Libertarian Party garnered a whopping 0.4% of all of the votes cast. Now I could really care less about them exceptI frequently see their positions turn up in this forum. If people want to go thru life believing that the rest of the world "doesn't matter" - that's fine. Just never forget that the vast,vast, majority of this country - doesn't agree. ;)
The ranchers in Douglas area (Cochise County) would gladly welcome the fence to keep the hordes off their property. A couple have built their own fences at their own expensefor that reason. The vast majority of this country has no idea what the border is really like. Then again... there's nuthin' that prevents the State's from goin' this route alone via the respective National Guard if the Feds will not (Title 10USC, Title 18USC). BLM owns the rest of the border... 'n there's way too few BP to cover it. Minefields have fences on both sides. Take some dumb wandering to get into it. Signs in several languages posted... ya-da-ya... Look... if we can secure Area 51 in Nevada... we can DO this! It should'a been done 20 years ago.

Alexcabbie

imported post

CRIPES!!! Yeah, let everybody cash out and our money is worthless AND SO IS THEIRS; and they know this and so damned well do you.

Every bunch of little kids since I was in grade school comes up with the idea of solving problems by the brainiest people in each country engaging in a chess match or some other such juvenile expression of a desire for peace. But in the real world the ultimate winning move is "right knee to corner of board".

Money my ass. (and by the way this "stimulus" needs to be stopped, it is part of the problem ). Mao Tse-Tung (or Zedong, or as I prefer "The Dong) said one thing I agree with: "Political power grows from the barrel of the gun". THAT is why we have the Second Amendment and THAT is why these would-be tyrants want to ban weapons whenever, however, and to as great an extent they can. And may God have mercy on the soul of anyone who tries to take my weapons.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Thread-Direction.jpg

Picard-no-facepalm.jpg