• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

So now they violate our freedom because of drug trafficing in Mexico? At least "tearUHrizm" hypothetically effected us.

Piss on me if you must, but don't try to tell me it's raining.

Gordie

imported post

Why is it that when smuggling occurs from Mexico to the U.S. (drugs and illegal aliens),it is our problem and they have no obligation to stop it, they even provide maps to where water can be found in the desert and routes to take to avoid being found, but when smuggling occurs from the U.S. to Mexico, we have to give up our rights, and help them stop a crime problem that is rooted in their own corrupt system?:cuss:

hellfogg

imported post

Got this letter from the VCDL news alerts. It seems even Pelosi, yes Speaker of the House Pelosi, is even avoiding this. Just figured I would pass it along.

More federal gun stuff :-(

In trying to head off what will surely be a ton of emails from people
concerned about the statement in the news (below) from the U.S.
Attorney General that the Obama Administration wants to reinstate the
Assault Weapon Ban (AWB), let me address the issue.

Before I could get this email out, the Speaker of the House, Nancy
Pelosi, beat me to the punch (also below).

The President can desire to do something like reinstate the AWB all he
wants, but he can't do so without Congress passing a bill to that
effect and getting it to the President's desk.

That is a huge BUT.

When the first AWB was passed in 1993 we had a Democratic President, a
Democratic House, and a Democratic Senate.

The next election following the passage of the AWB, we had a
Democratic President, a Republican House, and a Republican Senate.

The Democrats could not get either the House or the Senate back for
over a decade.

Gun owners are now MUCH more organized than we were back in 1993. A
lot of gun groups, like VCDL, didn't even exist back then. And the
Internet was not being used by the gun-rights movement to disseminate
information and to coordinate efforts.

Nancy Pelosi is running away from passing an AWB, saying that all we
need to do is enforce current law.

There is always a danger that an AWB could be passed down the road,
but for now, VCDL and the various national gun rights organizations
will remain watchful. VCDL will continue to focus on Virginia issues
as its priority unless national issues overcome us.

FMCDH

imported post

This chaos in Mexico sounds like terrorism that may spill over into the US, and is affecting us via the drugs and labor slaves being smuggled in.

That being said, isn't it federal policy or at least their modus operandi at this point to invade and help put down this threat? Seems to me this is more dangerous to the citizens of the US than imaginary WMDs.

Just a thought. ;)

JerichoXD

imported post

These problems in Mexico already have spilled over into the states. Phoenix is now the kidnapping capitol of th US, and we are seeing a major increase in gang related and drug related violence all over New Mexico. In fact, this increase in violence is one of the main reasons that I and my fiancee have both started to OC.

Deanimator

imported post

But that's impossible! All of the AHSA/Obama people who posted here before the election said that would NEVER happen!

Boy, I'll bet AHSA is sure going to give Obama a piece of THEIR mind! (And it better be a very SMALL piece, lest they be left with no mind at all.)

AHSA: The Judenrat and Kapos of the gun "rights" movement. I hope the nitwits who bought their lies enjoy being "resettled to the east"...

FMCDH

imported post

JerichoXD wrote:
These problems in Mexico already have spilled over into the states. Phoenix is now the kidnapping capitol of th US, and we are seeing a major increase in gang related and drug related violence all over New Mexico. In fact, this increase in violence is one of the main reasons that I and my fiancee have both started to OC.
There ya go. Mexico has obviously lost control of its Democracy and is now a haven for terrorists who are attacking the US. Stop all trade, lock down the borders and if they don't get it under control to our satisfaction, we get it under control for them.

OR...

We could de-criminalize drug use, give the death sentence to anyone caught dealing to minors and shoot anyone caught attempting to cross the border illegally under the assumption that they are terrorists.

I like #2 myself.

MeBaby

imported post

If a landmine blows their leg off in the desert and there is no one there to hear them scream..... do they actually make a noise? :shock:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I live about 10-15 miles from the border as the crow flies. I can see the mountains from my porch. I'm armed 24/7 'cept in the rainlocker, 'n then it's on the counter. Still no 'wall'... They have a BP truck with some fancy heat sensor mast prob'ly cobbled from an AC-130's nighttargeting imagery gadget. There's a few towers... they call a 'virtual fence'...By the time anybody gets to where the bean banditsare... They're gone.

I don't want 'virtual... I want a fence. A real one with a decent minefield behind it. Nuthin' fancy... just triple concertina razor wire strung about a 1,000 miles interspersed with guard towers with mini-guns 'n night vision sniper rifles 'n horse mounted patrols. Horses are still better in the desert.

Holder's a metro-centric Chicago politicalrobot who wouldn't know the dynamic of the border from a pizza shop.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
SNIP I don't want 'virtual... I want a fence. A real one with a decent minefield behind it. Nuthin' fancy... just triple concertina razor wire strung about a 1,000 miles interspersed with guard towers with mini-guns 'n night vision sniper rifles 'n horse mounted patrols. Horses are still better in the desert.

Kryste!! Iwonder what he considers fancy!

I like the horse idea!

GWbiker

imported post

JerichoXD wrote:
And clueless anti gun snowbirds wonder why Arizona citizens walk around openly wearing a sidearm.:what::what:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
SNIP I don't want 'virtual... I want a fence. A real one with a decent minefield behind it. Nuthin' fancy... just triple concertina razor wire strung about a 1,000 miles interspersed with guard towers with mini-guns 'n night vision sniper rifles 'n horse mounted patrols. Horses are still better in the desert.

I like the horse idea!
Foo Gas, claymores, motion and ground sensoractivated detonators and flares... and a few NG artillery batteries 'bout 10 miles backfor some in-depthdenial or H&I. Possibly deputize volunteer'citizens' forlocal scout snipers and interdiction patrol teams. Want more?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

I like the horse idea!
Foo Gas, claymores, motion and ground sensoractivated detonators and flares... and a few NG artillery batteries 'bout 10 miles backfor some in-depthdenial or H&I. Possibly deputize volunteer'citizens' forlocal scout snipers and interdiction patrol teams. Want more?
Beer for the horses. :D