• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ann Arbor Meetup

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alright folks, it's time.

I'm thinking March 22. I need a location though.

My favorite eating spots are Blimpie Burger (Cheap not much seating, VERY close to UM campus, as in across the street), and then there's Zingerman's Roadhouse (has a bar, a bit pricier).

I'm trying to find a place with a decent amount of seating and no bar so we can all go. Anyone have suggestions?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Alright folks, it's time.

I'm thinking March 21. I need a location though.

My favorite eating spots are Blimpie Burger (Cheap not much seating, VERY close to UM campus, as in across the street), and then there's Zingerman's Roadhouse (has a bar, a bit pricier).

I'm trying to find a place with a decent amount of seating and no bar so we can all go. Anyone have suggestions?
I can't make it as the 21st I'll be in Flint doing the talk show and are you not helping Kimberguy at a gun show that day???

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
I can't make it as the 21st I'll be in Flint doing the talk show and are you not helping Kimberguy at a gun show that day???

Oh, crap. I am haha! No wonder that day was still free! Mmm... Still want to do an OC meetup in Ann Arbor, maybe Sunday then.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well jeez. I don't want Michigander stealing all my guests. Might have to change the Sunday to another day...

Alright, so I still don't have a location for us. I'm still hoping someone has ideas since I really can't think of anything...

Michigander

imported post

DOH!!!! Sorry ziggy, I forgot about this one. :banghead:

I've got no problems with rearranging my event if you need. Or perhaps combining the 2 of them. ;)

As for locations, I know there are a lot of coffee shops, and I know there are a lot of fast food places. (I've gone to plenty when I worked in the city) Plus, weather permitting, you could also plan out a scenic ann arbor walk. :)

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sorry, this guy has been busy.

2 funerals in as many days.... work doesn't stop either, and closing on my house on the 27th.

If anyone would like to take over this event (basically find a location willing to host 10-20 people, that's all there is to it), Please do.

Michigander

imported post

My suggestion is that you postpone this event if you are too busy to make it happen on time. As far as I can tell, the most sensible option would probably be to do the Westland meeting that weekend, andthen you can setup a future Ann Arbor event.