• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meetup in Birch Run

SQLtables

imported post

You guessed it. It's time to start planning the next meeting in this area. Going on the unofficial 2 week schedule, we're due for a meal Saturday, March 7th. Does this date work for anybody? Is there more interest in a lunch or dinner? Weekend or weekday? Any preference on where to eat?

Here's a list of places to eat off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed one or two, and I'm not 100% sure on The Exit not server alcohol.

The Exit Restaurant
Halo Burger
Applebees (alcohol)
Tony's
Big Boy
Arbys
McDonalds
Culvers
Wendys
A&W
Uno (alcohol)
Bob Evans ;)
Dairy Queen
Quiznos

I've OCed in all of those except Dairy Queen, Halo Burger, and Quiznos.

Birch Run MOC Dinner

Where To Meet: Bob Evans
When: Saturday, March 7th
Time: 5pm

SQLtables

imported post

OK, so do we want a dinner on Saturday still though? Or do we have some weekend workers that would come if we move it to a weekday?

Unless I hear otherwise, I think I'll just tentatvely set the time for 5pm on Saturday the 7th at TBD.

jfrenchudm, what time will you be at Halo Burger?

jfrenchudm

imported post

I'll probably be up there around 2-ish on Friday. Might be as late as 3, as I will have to wait for my wife to get home, and then pick up her brother and cousin (headed to Grayling, ultimately). Halo Burger is where we always go for food going to and fro the cabin.

Be there again Sunday evening ~7pm.

SQLtables

imported post

jfrenchudm wrote:
I'll probably be up there around 2-ish on Friday. Might be as late as 3, as I will have to wait for my wife to get home, and then pick up her brother and cousin (headed to Grayling, ultimately). Halo Burger is where we always go for food going to and fro the cabin.

Be there again Sunday evening ~7pm.
I'll be at work that time on Friday and most likely busy Sunday evening... have a good trip though!

jfrenchudm

imported post

I figured as much. I am taking vacation on Friday, as I have the LEED exam at 7:30 that morning. I figured that I might as well make the best of the rest of the day. Have fun on Saturday, though.

tygereye

imported post

Taurus850cia and I will both be there, I will probably have my daughter also... my very first open carry experience, lets make it a good one!!!!:p:D:cool:

SQLtables

imported post

tygereye wrote:
Taurus850cia and I will both be there, I will probably have my daughter also...   my very first open carry experience, lets make it a good one!!!!:p:D:cool:

We'll sure try! I've OCed in this Bob Evans many times without issue, so as far as the restaurant goes, I think we're OK.