• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling from Michigan to Ohio

rudedude

imported post

I just recently got my CPL from Michigan.

I understand Ohio recognizes CPL's from Michigan.

What are the laws in Ohio regarding transporting a firearm via CCW ?

Thanks

rudedude

imported post

Thanks Legba

(E) No person who has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code shall do any of the following:

(1) Knowingly transport or have a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle unless one of the following applies:

(a) The loaded handgun is in a holster on the person’s person.

I just want to verify that it is legal to transport a loaded firearm as long as it is in a holster and on your person.

Am I correct ???

Thanks

Legba

imported post

Yes.

Additionally, you (as a permit holder) can secure a loaded gun in a glove box or other container, etc, in the car as enumerated elsewhere in that section. Bear in mind that you do need a holster (or purse or whatever else, as enumerated) to carry it on your person - tucking a gun in your belt is technically a violation, even with the permit.

Also, make note of the parts about how to handle a police stop.

-ljp