• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Little Travel Help Please

Vandal

imported post

I am spending part of my spring break in Oregon to be part of an airsoft match near McMinnville. I am going to be coming from ID and WA then after a few days in OR heading back into WA.

Since I lack a Oregon concealed permit I am curious as to what is the easiest way to avoid getting into trouble. Right now it looks like the easiest thing to do is to unload and lock the guns in their cases until I get back into Washington where I can strap it back on.

Does this sound like a half decent idea? I know very little about Oregon gun laws and am really just trying to avoid trouble with the law.

Thanks a lot for the help.

adamsesq

imported post

Vandal - if you wear it openly on your belt AND avoid the cities listed in the thread stickied in the first thread in the Oregon section, you should be okay.

-adamsesq

FMCDH

imported post

As a Washington resident and frequent carrier in Oregon, the safest thing you can do is keep your gun locked up and unloaded anytime you are in one of the "restricted" cities or anytime, anywhere you think yournear them. You can open carry loaded or unloaded the rest of the time.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. OC is NOT common in most parts of Oregon yet, BUT people will not run and scream in terror if they see you with a gun. Most people in Oregon are pretty ok with OC in my experience, but if you carry long enough, you WILL have an LEO encounter. Have any training materials and applicable laws with you that you can carry just in case.

I have yet to have any LEO encounters in Oregon myself while OCing, but have had plenty of citizen encounters with mostly positive results. I also have had an OregonCHL since December oflast year, so I normally CC whenever I don't specifically plan to OC.

Get onto the http://oregonfirearms.org/website and read what they have to say, as they are the definitive resource on carrying a firearm in Oregon.