• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPR / Combat First Aid Classes.

Jizzzle

imported post

I'm going to be teaching as many classes for CPR certification and Combat First Aid in Alamogordo as i have people interestedduring next month.

The First Aid class shows you the proper way to handle anything from a broken finger to stepping on a land mine and everything in between. It's a class i reccomend highly for anyone high school age and above. I figure if you shoot you should know how to handle a gunshot wound et. I'm a military instructor for this course and it's somewhat grusome but, worthwhile, it could save your life.

The CPR class will cost you 5 bucks to process your certificate so you can get ur card and thats it. The first aid class is totally free. You just have to get to Alamogordo.

If anyone is interested let me know and Ill give you the details. This is good stuff to know. Thanks.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Jizzzle,

Wow, what a great offer!

I used to live in El Paso (44 years), so if I were still there I sure would love to be in your class...but I won't be visiting there until June or maybe July, certainly not March. :-(

But thank youfor your kind generosity, and I'm sure others there will take you up on it.

-- John D.

Jizzzle

imported post

im flexible. it would have to be in the afternoon/evenings though since i work during the day as an instuctor. depending on where u live i can work itout with u. the CPR takes about 2 hours depending and the SABC takes roughly 2 also. so 4 hours.

NMGunIt

imported post

===========================================================================
New Mexico > CPR / Combat First Aid Classes.
===========================================================================

Date: 2009-02-26 22:39:47
Reply: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/reply.php?topic_id=22375

I'm going to be teaching as many classes for CPR certification and Combat First Aid in Alamogordo as i have people interested during next month.

The First Aid class shows you the proper way to handle anything from a broken finger to stepping on a land mine and everything in between. It's a class i reccomend highly for anyone high school age and above. I figure if you shoot you should know how to handle a gunshot wound et. I'm a military instructor for this course and it's somewhat grusome but, worthwhile, it could save your life.

The CPR class will cost you 5 bucks to process your certificate so you can get ur card and thats it. The first aid class is totally free. You just have to get to Alamogordo.

---------------------------------------------
How long is this course?

JHelms
Las Cruces

Sorry, didn't see the previous post before posting.

Trainer23

imported post

Sounds like a wonderful service and important info.

I recently completed First Responder Class, CPR/First Aid, a must for anyone that shoots. We did not get into wound treatment. What does the 2 hours of SABC course cover beyond std. first aid?

If I was in southern part of NM, would take you up on the offer.
Glad to have you on the site.

packin_NC_79

imported post

I am definitely interested. Both CPR and First aid are necessary training for any responsible citizen. I was a certified EMT in NC from 2002 through 2006 and for reasons I can't quite figure out now, I let it lapse. I need to recert on the CPR and would enjoy the drive over as well. I am free most any day and afternoons are good. Just let us know when and where.

Jizzzle

imported post

do me a favor guys and hit me up with how many of each is interested so i can start to form some classes and post times. i can only teach 6 at a time per regulations.

Jizzzle

imported post

the SABC is a combat based first aid class. It goes into everything from normal injuries all the way to your buddy just stepped on a land mine and blew off both his legs and now what do you do? It also covers everything in between. It's good stuff, i go into splinting wrapping bandages and other stuff. It's hands on also. There is a demonstration portion so that i know you guys understood the info.

Jizzzle

imported post

i have 3 people interested in the first class, i need 3 more to fill it to get it done. spread the word! and then ill start working dates with those 6 people so we can accomodate all our schedules.

Jizzzle

imported post

i have the first class worth of people now. I'll be calling you guys this upcomeing week with the info. Thanks for the responses. Please spread the word.

Jizzzle

imported post

ok the first class is set andnow i need more people for the second class. its going to be the 27th which is a friday at 5pm. if you can make it and want to go contact me please. there are 4 spots left.

Jizzzle

imported post

first class went well in my opinion. i had 3 students one was my wife and they all got a lot of information thrown their way with as much clarification as i could throw at them in an organized concise fashion. if anyone requires CPR or Combat first aid please contact me and I will inform of the class schedule. Thanks!

DustoneGT

imported post

Are you still doing the classes? Myself and several family members would definitely be interested.

Avruble

To JIZZLE regarding free CPR and FIRST AID CLASSES ...

yes, send me an email with your phone/name and I'll be in touch.

Hello Jizzle, I am new to this site ...I was just on google looking for free CPR & First Aid Classes that might be offered in Alamogordo... this was the first search that resulted. I see how old it is,,but I was wondering if you would possibly be interested in doing another classe(s) such as this. If not I was curious if you know of any that are offered in the Alamogordo area for free or on the cheap. I myself would like to get certified as I believe its important for saving a life and essential to the childcare field of work which I am hoping to begin a career in. I imagine that there may be others that would be interested in getting their certifications as well...just curious. If you could please let me know asap by post.

Thank You,

AV. , new to New Mexico