• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

para .45

DEPUTY238

imported post

Can someone tell me the best ammo to use in my weapon. The reviews on my weapon said they had a problem with the .40 but I have not heard of anyone having the .45 (S14-45 Todd Jarrett Limited) The only problem I heard was the jamming or stovepiping. I am guessing they were using cheap ammo.

Dustin

imported post

DEPUTY238 wrote:
Can someone tell me the best ammo to use in my weapon. The reviews on my weapon said they had a problem with the .40 but I have not heard of anyone having the .45 (S14-45 Todd Jarrett Limited) The only problem I heard was the jamming or stovepiping. I am guessing they were using cheap ammo.

As in practice ammo ? or SD Ammo ?

Eitherway you might feel more comfortable searching out yor SD ammo on your own. Just go to their website, look at their ballistics charts, mushroom rate/expantion.

Few common/reliable ones are;

Speer Gold Dot

COR-BON

Federal Hydra-Shok

Lykosis

imported post

In my experience -

The only 'problem' (if you can call it a problem) with this gun is limp wristing it. It will probably stove-pipe. If you have a proper grip, no worries.

It feeds Horandy TAP, Winchester Ranger, Federal Hydra-Shocks, Wolf, CCI Blazer, Winchester, and pretty much anything you put through it.