• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC-friendly locations in Wake Forest

glockaholic

imported post

Future reference for fellow OC'ers in Wake Forest. I've successfully OC'd in these locations without being bothered by anyone:

Chick-fil-a
CVS (on Main Street)
Wal-Mart
Wendy's (at Wakefield)
Harris Teeter (in Heritage)
Heritage Cleaners
Taco Bell

And some locations that aren't in Wake Forest, but close enough:

Belk (at Triangle Town Center)
BJ's (across from Triangle Town Center)

Anyone interested in an OC meet in the area sometime?

glockaholic

imported post

OC'd in these places recently:

JC Penney at North Hills (nobody seemed to notice)
Ace Hardware (the new Wake Forest location, the employees were quite friendly)

I'm becoming more convinced that 99% of people just don't notice I'm carrying. Surely my rig can't blend in with my clothes that much? I presume everyone is just in condition white.

buzzsaw

imported post

I haven't been in Wake Forest in a while but last time I was thru there it was still a bit rural. Having grown up in rural NC I would suggest that open carry just isn't that big a thing to folks. Most of us handled and were around firearms of all kinds most of our lives and are neither alarmed nor threatened by the meer display of one. Just a thought.