• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY IN UTAH?

PONTIAC POWER

imported post

hey guys i need some help here. im 19 years old, going to be 20 this sept. i want to open carry in utah untile i am 21 to get a CWP. ive been reading around the net and ive came across 2 different stories.... ive read that i can OC leagally, ive also read i cannot, and doing so would result in fines and a bunch of other things. i have a clean criminal history, not to mention a law abiding citizen. so which is is??? yes i can leagally or NO WAY DONT DO IT!! i need some help guys!! thanks a bunch!!

D94R

imported post

Yes you can open carry, however, since you're under 21 it MUST be "utah loaded"/"Israel loaded". Meaning, in a semi-auto you can not keep one in the chamber. In a revolver you can not have one under the firing pin, or in the next chamber over.