• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so it looks like they are going to try and push it through

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Just an FYI - it helps to add a little more info to your post.

Banning guns to benefit Mexico video from Hannity's America Video series Feb 26

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Wow........we care so much more for citizens of another country than ours.....makes me wonder if any of this is connected to the Zeta Commandos...

If we were really concerned for citizens of Mexico we should arm the everyday families of Mexico.

MetalChris

imported post

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tosses-cold-water-on-reviving-assault-weapon-ban-2009-02-26.html

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.
The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
So very strange that as a gun owner I would be applauding something Pelosi said.

'sOK. As long as you're applauding the words and not the Speaker.

(that's a pun)

(just in case anybody missed it)

(or cared)

:D