• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cc or oc at demonstrations or political rallies?

Chez

imported post

There is a rally against sherif joe tomorrow morning protesting his tough stance on illegal aliens and a counter rally to show support for Joe. I will be at the support rally.

Are there any laws prohibitting cc'ing or oc'ing at public gatherings like this?

Thanks for your help.

Anyone interested in attending, I believe that the supporters are meeting at 10:00am at 100 W Washington. Details at: http://immigrationcontrol.meetup.com/98/calendar/9831019/
and http://www.ridersusa.net/Default.aspx?pageId=291054

mzbk2l

imported post

MITCH wrote:
I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to rally AGAINST Joe!!!!!!!!:cuss:
I can't believe anybody is stupid enough to equate Joke with effective enforcement of immigration laws. :)

How quickly everyone forgets his arrest of the NGR soldier a few years ago. His crime? Detaining a carload of illegals at gunpoint. Back then, Joke couldn't have citizens going around hassling people who were just here to make their lives better.

Now he'll bust 5-10 illegals off the street every month and then thump his chest and tell us he's solving the problem.

I'd much rather see a Sheriff who will actually start enforcing the Employer Sanction Law. Bust a few businesses and these people will start leaving on their own; you and I won't have to pay for the police, the jail, the bus ride to the border, etc.

There's no way Joke is going to arrest 500,000 of 'em (he can't even take care of his 70,000 warrants), but he sure could convince most of them to leave if he would take away the motivation for staying.

Course, he'd have to find a few minutes in his day to get out of the spotlight first....

me812

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
MITCH wrote:
I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to rally AGAINST Joe!!!!!!!!:cuss:
I can't believe anybody is stupid enough to equate Joke with effective enforcement of immigration laws. :)

How quickly everyone forgets his arrest of the NGR soldier a few years ago. His crime? Detaining a carload of illegals at gunpoint. Back then, Joke couldn't have citizens going around hassling people who were just here to make their lives better.

Now he'll bust 5-10 illegals off the street every month and then thump his chest and tell us he's solving the problem.

I'd much rather see a Sheriff who will actually start enforcing the Employer Sanction Law. Bust a few businesses and these people will start leaving on their own; you and I won't have to pay for the police, the jail, the bus ride to the border, etc.

There's no way Joke is going to arrest 500,000 of 'em (he can't even take care of his 70,000 warrants), but he sure could convince most of them to leave if he would take away the motivation for staying.

Course, he'd have to find a few minutes in his day to get out of the spotlight first....
It's getting to the point where about half the people who vote have done time in his gulag, so he needs another gimmick to get people to vote for him.

GWbiker

imported post

It's getting to the point where about half the people who vote have done time in his gulag, so he needs another gimmick to get people to vote for him.

What the hell do you know about a gulag?

Maricopa County taxpayers must believe Sheriff Joe Arpaio is doing a creditable job running the nations 4th largest jail system, as he gathered an 84% reelection vote.

Do show the man some respect. Don't make yourself sound like a bitter ex felon!

me812

imported post

Do show the man some respect. Don't make yourself sound like a bitter ex felon!

Do you know the difference between a jail and a prison?

Most of the people in Arpaio's jails are not felons. They're either awaiting trial under a constitutionally guaranteed presumption of innocence or are serving time for bullshit offenses like carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, which is also a right guaranteed by the constitution.

Arpaio is a petty tyrant and thug.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The NG guywho was arrested back in '05 was released after the SA determined it was a lawful citizens arrest. 'Sound's like somebody here's been jacked by Maricopa Deputies before... or is some kind'a'furriner'... I'd vote for Joe for Governor. I think most of us in AZwould.

'Wear the pink undies did'ja? :D

GWbiker

imported post

Most of the people in Arpaio's jails are not felons. They're either awaiting trial under a constitutionally guaranteed presumption of innocence or are serving time for bull@#$% offenses like carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, which is also a right guaranteed by the constitution. Arpaio is a petty tyrant and thug.

Sheriff Joe Arpario heads a County jail system which houses close to 10,000 inmates and you're trying to tell us most of those inmates are being held for a court date, or failed to make bail.

You never heard of a constitutionally guaranteed speedy trial, eh?

In case you didn't know, most inmates there are serving County time for a minor offense or awaiting a parole hearing, while others are in transferr mode from a state prison to a County jail holding area to await a new trial. And there are some who are awaiting a ride back to Mexico.

For you to compare Sheriff Joe Arpaio's County jail system to the Soviet Gulag, which comsumed tens of millions of INNOCENT Soviet citizens, is a major insult to anyone working in the United States Penal system.

I have no more time for fools like you!

mzbk2l

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
The NG guywho was arrested back in '05 was released after the SA determined it was a lawful citizens arrest. 'Sound's like somebody here's been jacked by Maricopa Deputies before... or is some kind'a'furriner'... I'd vote for Joe for Governor. I think most of us in AZwould.

'Wear the pink undies did'ja? :D
That's true; he was released. Explain how that changes the fact that Joke arrested him because "we can't have citizens going around violating people's rights, regardless of their legal status."

Maybe you live too far south to get the news, but in Maricopa County, our news very clearly reported Joke sticking up for the illegals. When the backlash of negative publicity on that one sunk in, he suddenly changed his tune and became the champion of immigration enforcement..... at least in public. Phoenix PD (and probably even Mesa PD) put far more illegals in jail than Joke does, but they don't spend the time in the press bragging about it.

Just to be clear: my issue with Joke is not that he enforces immigration laws. My issue is that he does a piss-poor job of enforcing immigration laws, and that he ONLY does it so he can get his ugly mug on TV. Why isn't he investigating and busting the corporations that hire these people? (Take away the jobs, they all leave.) Why isn't he going and rounding up the hundreds that congregate on street corners? (Don't we have loitering laws?)

Oh, those must be things that could result in some negative publicity for him, so he shies away. That man does nothing that's not motivated by his desire for face time.

And for the record: the closest I've come to interaction with the legal system in Maricopa County is being pulled over by MCSO for speeding - and they let me off! :)

Chez

imported post

Sorry that I posted something so controversially.

And thanks to AZkopper for answering my question. I ended up carrying concealed, but there were a lot of people carrying open. Got to talk to a bunch of great people about AZ gun laws too.

High police viability but am happy to report that they didn't seem to bother anyone with a gun, including some freak on rollerskates with a t-shirt that read "f@#$ the police". I'm surprised that he was arrested for being stupid... ;)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

chesphoto wrote:
Sorry that I posted something so controversially.

And thanks to AZkopper for answering my question. I ended up carrying concealed, but there were a lot of people carrying open. Got to talk to a bunch of great people about AZ gun laws too.

High police viability but am happy to report that they didn't seem to bother anyone with a gun, including some freak on rollerskates with a t-shirt that read "f@#$ the police". I'm surprised that he was arrested for being stupid... ;)

"High police visability but am happy to report that they didn't seem to bother anyone with a gun..."

They won't. This is Arizona.

curtm1911

imported post

One Further Note on Joke;

I see no one has mentioned the several millions of dollars he has cost the county and state for his wrongful DEATH lawsuits, Scott Norberg comes to mind and there are others too that I just can't remember right off the top of my head right now. He never met a camera he didn't want to get in front of and spout off his rhetoric. As for his Tent City and green bologna, the 8th Amendment prohibits Cruel and Unusual Punishment and green bologna sure ain't the freshest food one can get. He compares his tents to the soldiers in Iraq in tents, difference is, the newest Military tents, as seen on Mail Call before it vanished from The History Channel, are air conditioned and so his point is Not Valid. Joke is the epitomy of a Third World Despot, and no, I haven't been in the pink underwear, just know the facts about our Sheriff, oh and BTW, he don't take kindly to being critisized either. Also, why does a County Sheriff have a need for a M-155 Self Propelled Howitzer? Yes, Joke has one.....for what purpose?