• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

utah ccw class cabela's-hammond, in.

boog

imported post

i am new to this board, and this my first post. myself and my wife are both utah certified ccw instructors, and have been asked by a group if indiana residents if we will come over and have a class, i have booked a meeting room at the cabella's in hammond on saturday march 14th at 2:30. i am trying to contact the events manager there, but haven't talked to her yet to see if she will set out some flyers. the utah class will get indiana residents an extra 7 ststes to carry in. if interested visit our web page http://www.carrysafely.com

boog

the new guy

Jubbie

imported post

Ok, did my own little research. Looks like the states that we'd be opened up to, at least for CC:

Delaware
Minnesota
Nevada
New Mexico
Ohio
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia

I haven't personally been to any those states in over 10 years, but that's not to say the chance won't come up. If it does I know I'll want to carry there.

Just a couple questions of my own. How long is the permit good for, us Hoosiers are used to having a Lifetime License? Is there a background check, or can anyone take the class?

boog

imported post

class cost is $125.00

fingerprinting fee $10.00

photos $10.00

i will post this info on our web page later today, there is a background check. 5 year permit is $65.25 renewal fee is $10.00

dwjohns

Campaign Veteran
imported post

boog wrote:
class cost is $125.00

fingerprinting fee $10.00

photos $10.00

i will post this info on our web page later today, there is a background check. 5 year permit is $65.25 renewal fee is $10.00
I'm interested.
Is the 65.25 part of the class cost or separate?

Darrell.

Fish

imported post

By the end of the class will all the paperwork be sent away to Utah? Will we just be waiting for a responce in the mail?

Does anyone know the difference between this permit and the florida permit for IN residents?

Prometheus

imported post

Fish wrote:
By the end of the class will all the paperwork be sent away to Utah? Will we just be waiting for a responce in the mail?

Does anyone know the difference between this permit and the florida permit for IN residents?
With the Utah permit you get 2 more states than with Florida.

That said, Florida accepts any basic NRA training class, military discharge ect. ect. as proof of training.

Personally I'd rather have Florida's so I don't get raped on the cost of the utah class, but thats just me. 165 bucks for 4 hours... :lol:

Keep in mind as an Indiana resident you must have a Indiana issued LTCH in order to carry here in Indiana.