• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Midland Community Center

viperar15

imported post

ok, so i was going here to check on my membership status (which expired). so i was going to OC there, UNTIL i saw outside there was a Day Car attached. The community center provides day care services per their pamphlet.

SO!!!

I didn't carry, because I was unsure of the laws around a day care center. I believe I cannot CC, but that technically I can OC.

Comments? Info? Expierences? etc?

Thanks!

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

I believe that you will be fine OC'ing so long as you have a CPL. Even the federal school laws shouldn't apply since it's not a school..

Per Several reliable sources, those with a CPL are exempt from PFZs if OCing..

I am not a lawyer.. This advice is worth exactly what you paid me for it.

Ben

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

viperar15 wrote:
ok, so i was going here to check on my membership status (which expired). so i was going to OC there, UNTIL i saw outside there was a Day Car attached. The community center provides day care services per their pamphlet.

SO!!!

I didn't carry, because I was unsure of the laws around a day care center. I believe I cannot CC, but that technically I can OC.

Comments? Info? Expierences? etc?

Thanks!
Are you carrying in the daycare? You mentioned it's attached, but is it separate from the rest of the facility? These are some questions to consider as well.

viperar15

imported post

the main entrance to the day care is seperate from the community center main entrance.

i dont know if there is another way over to the day care from within the community center. i'm going to check that one out.

no, i would not be carrying "in" the day care as i have no reason to be over there.