• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are there any Washington State 501c gun groups?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

My antigun company is giving me $1000 to donate to a charity of my choice for my 10 years of service.

National 501c will work as well.

Hammer

imported post

Friends of NRA is 501C3 and supports range and young folks' shooting sports activities.
To date they have taken in over 25 million and given every penney of it away. Chapters are usually organized by county.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:
If you don't mind saying, who do you work for? Totally understand if you don't want to though.
Let's just say they are so anti-gun that when I wore my empty holster in support of the "Empty Holster Protest" at the UW last July(?) I was called to the HR directors office. I was told I could not wear that holster in any more (my Blackhawk Serpa). I was so tempted to wear my open top Bianchi on Weds and wear my Bianchi with the thumb strap on Thurs and my leather shoulder holster on Friday.
Everytime I get a Amazon gift certificate for "a job well done" I spend it on gun stuff. I have a 2009 Glock calander handing in my office but best of all is the "open" employee bulletin board where its free to post anything. I got the approval from facilities and HR to post the Washington Gun Rights Pamphlets.

surfj9009

imported post

you should consider the Appleseed project. It is run b the revolutionary war veterans association. Look into it! We have events sceduled in Castle Rock and Monroe this year, and I am in the process of putting one together for Spokane as well.

Www.appleseedinfo.org

It's the fastest growing shooting program I. The US right now, and we would love your support.
I hate typing on an Iphone.

kparker

imported post

surfj9009,

So you're associated with the local Appleseed folks? Great!

I'm planning to try to make one of the western Washington sessions this year, but I have a question for you. Is there some plan to expand or supplement the range facilities so at least some shooting can be at actual distances? The 25yd training stuff is all well and good (I'm working through it myself in preparation) but nothing build confidence at being able to hit at 300yds like actually doing it does.

And the very things that make 25yds convenient for practice make me doubtful at long range--if I'm wearing my shooting glasses, the 4moa target at 25 yds is easy but 4moa at 200yds is completely invisible. OTOH if I dispense with the corrective lenses, my front sight is pretty darn blurry (yeah, I'm really far-sighted.) So practice at "real" distances is of great interest to me.

ETA: Sorry, I know this is OT^2!

Trigger Dr

imported post

Maybe you should go down to Eatonville Upper Nisqually Sportsman Club on the second Sunday of the month and watch the Black Powder Cartridge shooters at 500 Meters with Iron sights.

Come on down and I will let you shoot my 40-65 Hiwall. Once a year in Lusk Wyoming, Kenny Wasserberger puts on his 1 mile shoot,Yes.. 1 MILE with the same guns and sights and they hit the targets.

BobR

imported post

Friends of NRA is 501C3 and supports range and young folks' shooting sports activities.
To date they have taken in over 25 million and given every penney of it away. Chapters are usually organized by county.

That one gets my vote. 50% of the monies raised by the FNRA stays in the state. The rest goes to national.

This year the Spokane FNRA gave out 260,000 dollars in grants locally to things like the 4H and boy scouts and junior rifle teams. Some grants also go to established ranges for them to use for upkeep or maintenance or puttig on public events.

National does a lot, this year the National Veterans Wheelchair Games are being held in Spokane and there is a National grant to them to help out. We will have 2 shooting events, airgun and trap.

bob