• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seatac meeting

DEROS72

imported post

We had the neighborhood watch meeting today .Speaking was Sgt Reynolds ,the officer I had asked to our meeting.I was open carry in the meeting.I was asked by a few residents for pamphlets.In talking about open Carry officer Reynolds said to one person That if you choose to carry why bury it in a purse or something where you can't get to it.He said he would be happy to come to our meeting and will mention to other officers to stop by.We also saw eye to eye on a lot of other issues as well.He is deffinately one of the good guys.I also noticed none of the folks that were involved in any of the incidents around here showed up.Other residents also getting stoked about our gathering.

DEROS72

imported post

I would like very much to do that.Lets get together soon.MAybe meet at starbucks for coffee.Sometimes difficult to get to the resturant with no car at present.

DEROS72

imported post

he's really a good guy.As a side note he was pointing out some stats on crime here.At my apt complex alone ,Willow Lake apts.Seatac Police responded 200 times in 08.For various crimes ,burlaries,DV,car thefts,numeruos car break ins and vandalisms ,shootings 2 in the last six months .Think about it 200 times in one year.About time we let the bad guys know its time to move on....Got some good info on neigborhood watch ,gangs etc.

DEROS72

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Got give props to officer Reynolds. Its good to know we have guys like him on the force. I'm looking forward to coming down.
Looking forward to having you here...

just_a_car

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I was asked by a few residents for pamphlets.
Sweet, glad I got those glossy, color ones from the first run to ya. :)

I love how this is sounding more and more positive for the March meetup. I can't wait to have some good BBQ and community feel. Man, I sure do miss that from when I lived down in South Park (S. Seattle) from birth to 12.

Manu

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I would like very much to do that.Lets get together soon.MAybe meet at starbucks for coffee.Sometimes difficult to get to the resturant with no car at present.
Tell me what day and time I'll be there. We should work out further regarding things to do and what are my things to takecare.

DEROS72

imported post

I just recieved a call from one of the Safe way security guards.They would like to be a part of our meeting.

DEROS72

imported post

Manu and I are getting together at the Safeway starbucks 10 AMto continue planning for the meeting.Would love to see anyone join us if you like and get some input...

DEROS72

imported post

Excellent Manu our miniature OC meeting before the really big one....

just_a_car

imported post

Dang... wish I had seen this, but was out late last night and didn't get up until noon (and was working on my resumé's cover letter until I left last night).

DEROS72

imported post

March 28th willow lake event

I met this morning with Manu and Irfner to continue plans for the March 28th meeting here in Seatac at the Willow lake apts.

I want to thank Manu who has agreed in effect to have Dino's Resturant cater the event.His support is un wavering.So if any of you have a chance to have dinner at Dino's please do the atmosphere and staff arewonderful and the food exemplary.He also gives a discount on your bill if you are open carrying.

Others are donating some cash to help out.If you wish to get involved contact myself or Manu.

This is about OCDO supporting a local community,we are doing this for the the residents,as well as OCDO.

We will have drawings for dinner for 2 certificates, 50 dollar Safeway grocery gift cards,Free coffee gift cards,and others.

Chris who owns the coffee stand on pacific south of 208th will be donating the coffee gifts and will be bringing the helium baloons for the kids.

I intrduced Irfner and manu to the Safeway manager who reaffirmed their support in donating sodas,bottled water and other snacks etc.

Elements of the Seatac police dept are behind us and will try to attend.Officer Reynolds and indicated he will be by.

Also Angle lake Locksmith across the street said we could use their parking.

We will in the next couple of days be putting together a press release ,OCDO supports residents where last mo. shooting took place.sort of theme.Could use some help with that.I would like to get the media to cover it.

So folks this event is growing wings ,I hope as many will attend as we can get.We will post updates as we go along and thanks everyone............

just_a_car

imported post

*chuckle* I'll do my best to make it... man, it sounds like it's going to be fun. I really hope we get a nice warm, sunny March day (hoping against hope, I know) as that would make the BBQ even better.