• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Contact your elected officials

ecgoin

imported post

This is pretty impressive for me. I'm on his list of people that have contacted him. woohoo. We should all send our thoughts to these people.

Dear Fellow Coloradan,

Thank you for your recent message to my U.S. Senate office. Since early January, more than 100,000 Coloradans have directly sent me their thoughts and suggestions. This unprecedented volume is a testament to the interest that Coloradans take in the issues facing our nation.

Coloradans have contacted my office about the economic recovery bill, energy, the environment, small business, health care, and numerous other important topics. I appreciate hearing from each one of you because understanding your views is fundamental to my job.

I am honored to serve as your U.S. Senator. My top priority in the Senate is to provide efficient and effective service to people across our state. Please know that my Colorado staff is available to handle specific services relating to the federal government (such as help with a passport, claim for veterans' benefits, or a citizenship matter). My Colorado office can be reached at 303-650-7820 or toll-free at 877-7-MUDALL (877-768-3255). If you would like to check on a request for services from my Washington, D.C. office, please call (202) 224-5941. Otherwise, be assured that we are reading your comments and concerns.

I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not about merely supporting or opposing legislation; it is also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions, please visit my website at http://www.markudall.senate.gov.

Again, thank you for reaching out to me.

Warm Regards,

signature_mark_udall_email.png

Mark Udall
United States Senator, Colorado

Watch Lou Dobbs CNN. Administration 2A updates.

Anubis

imported post

I received the same form letter, except it was addressed "Dear Stacey" (not my name).

The most interesting point was the line about how he sees his job as overcoming paralyzing barriers rather than voting one way or the other on bills, considering this response was to a message from me thanking him for voting aye on Ensign's DC rights bill.

Translation: "Don't bother to recommend how you want me to vote, you're just a constituent".

Dom

imported post

I sent an email January 8th for Udall to oppose the Holder nomination. Does this look familiar? Also, notice how prompt the response was. At least Anubis got a personalized "Stacey" letter lol.

Friday, February 27, 2009
Dear Fellow Coloradan,
Thank you for your recent message to my U.S. Senate office. Since early January, more than 100,000 Coloradans have directly sent me their thoughts and suggestions. This unprecedented volume is a testament to the interest that Coloradans take in the issues facing our nation.

Coloradans have contacted my office about the economic recovery bill, energy, the environment, small business, health care, and numerous other important topics. I appreciate hearing from each one of you because understanding your views is fundamental to my job.

I am honored to serve as your U.S. Senator. My top priority in the Senate is to provide efficient and effective service to people across our state. Please know that my Colorado staff is available to handle specific services relating to the federal government (such as help with a passport, claim for veterans' benefits, or a citizenship matter). My Colorado office can be reached at 303-650-7820 or toll-free at 877-7-MUDALL (877-768-3255). If you would like to check on a request for services from my Washington, D.C. office, please call (202) 224-5941. Otherwise, be assured that we are reading your comments and concerns.

I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not about merely supporting or opposing legislation; it is also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions, please visit my website at
http://www.markudall.senate.gov. Again, thank you for reaching out to me.
Warm Regards,

Mark Udall
United States Senator, Colorado
ReplyForward

ecgoin

imported post

I'm sure the "more than 100,000 Coloradans" all got our letter. My point is really that he seems to be at least a little interested in reelection, and I will point out in all contact with him that I do vote my conscience. We all need to remain vocal about our views. Thatsone waysome small fringe groups manage to hold liberty loving citizens at bay.

The DC gun ban repeal comes to mind right NOW. I'm going to drop a line to CO reps in hope that the house will have a chance to concur. Dangerous times we find ourselves in. (another form letter).
http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm

Dynamite Rabbit

imported post

ecgoin wrote:
My point is really that he seems to be at least a little interested in reelection, and I will point out in all contact with him that I do vote my conscience.

Unfortunately, since he was just elected, we have almost six years of his "wisdom" left to deal with.

Anubis

imported post

ecgoin wrote:
I'm going to drop a line to CO reps...
My rep (district 6 Mike Coffman) was the one candidate in the last election(a) for whom I votedand (b) won. He is as pro-2A as I, and sent a nice personal reply to my message concerning HR45. A vast improvement over the new senators.

Gunslinger

imported post

I got the same form letter when I told Udall he had better clean up his act on the 2A where he has always been wishy-washy. I told him he got elected because of the economy. He won't be reelected on it, so he better come out as a shining start with respect to gun rights. He doesn't represent liberal Boulder anymore, but the entire, pro-gun, state.