Thread: Define Anomalous

Post imported post

Can someone define anomalous in gun owner terms?

This is what I came up with:

deviating from or inconsistent with the common order, form, or rule; irregular; abnormal: Advanced forms of life may be anomalous in the universe.

not fitting into a common or familiar type, classification, or pattern; unusual: He held an anomalous position in the art world.

incongruous or inconsistent.

Post imported post

What is the context? This may be obvious to other people, if so I guess I'm just a dim bulb.

Post imported post

This may be in reference to a states classification for open carry as listed by this site.

Dooger?

Post imported post

67390FE wrote:
    This may be in reference to a states classification for open carry as listed by this site.

Dooger?

Exactly!

It's on the map page.

Post imported post

Dooger wrote:
    Can someone define anomalous in gun owner terms

1. deviating from or inconsistent with the common order, form, or rule; irregular; abnormal: Advanced forms of life may be anomalous in the universe.

Click on the map pg. and read why these states aren't GOLD STAR, that should answer your question.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Dooger wrote:

incongruous or inconsistent.
    I believe #3 is the best fit for how it's used to rate states here on OCDO. States that have incongrous, inconsistent, or seemingly conflicting laws rate an "Anomalous" rating, even though OC is generally legal.

New Hampshire, for instance, should be a gold star state, except that no one may carry a loaded handgun in a car without being licensed. In other states like Missouri, carriers are faced with a patchwork quilt of local bans on OC.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Dooger wrote:
    Sarah Brady.

Next question.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.