• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

locked threads

deanf

imported post

Well, explain, please.

Why waste your time if someone else has already done it in this thread quite well?

The protections in the Bill of Rights are restraints upon government. The Bill of Rights does not restrain private parties.

I can't believe we have to keep explaining this.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deanf wrote:
Well, explain, please.

Why waste your time if someone else has already done it in this thread quite well?

The protections in the Bill of Rights are restraints upon government. The Bill of Rights does not restrain private parties.

I think they just weren't sure what you meant, who you were criticizing. Your post wasa little equivocal--could be taken two ways.

But, its all clear now. Thanks.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Look the owners of this site have cited specific rules for us to follow. If we don't follow them or our threads don't, they have the right to remove them, actually they have the right to remove them even if they do, its there site. Sometimes I might disagree with them but that is there prerogative and I have learned and enjoyed so much information on this site that I am willing to try to abide by their rules. Its their ball and court so its their game. Plus now that I have been on here longer and this really is the first forum I ever joined , I have learned to appreciate what they have done and are doing and the reasons behind the rules for this forum. We can't just have a free for all unlimited topics going on it defeats the purpose of this forum.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

deanf wrote:
Well, explain, please.

The entitlement culture is not unique to liberals it seems...

jarhead1911A

imported post

No wonder we are loosing members left and right, For ref read above.....
Being a moderator is like getting to play god. Thats ok when the mass of the people get locked out and give up on OC and this forum that by the way has gone to the dogs there will not be anyone to carry on what we ALL are here to help premote but hey i guess all the people that know it all on here already have a plan to premote the OC idea by themselfs.

Now i know why Bear45/70 left this board i am soon to join him hey i wonder if opencarry.net is available? cause this bickering between people is like lemmings all running off a cliff.

As far as giving anyone my address for those of you who actually know me youd know were i live and if you want to act like a child and "send some people" over here feel free they can explain it to my Pit,Shephard and losa ophso.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
SNIP No wonder we are loosing members left and right, For ref read above.....

Look, we're happy to have you.

We just need you to play by the rules and recognize the founder's right to set those rules. Heck, we don't even need you to officially recognize those rules. (Realize that if you expressly complain, though, others will likely exercise their right to opine about your opinion.)

Being a former Marine myself, I understand that Marines can be a little...um...hard-headed sometimes.

Whaddaya say we just save the protest for the chaplain and lets get on with OC.

Oh! I just remembered. Its a leatherneck's God-given right to belly-ache. Sorry, I forgot about that. If you were just belly-aching, great. I understand.

jarhead1911A

imported post

USMC RULES
1.empty the mag
2.destroy everything within 100yds of target
3.speak your mind
4.never leave a man behind
5.revert to rule #1

.45ballers+2

imported post

It would be nice to at least get an explanation to why the threads get locked? Was there a violation of the TOS? I know I am a guest on this site and I have to play by the rules. But what rules where broken?

As far as the Marine comment I dont buy it! Belittling members about someones interpretation about the constitution is over the line IMO. Someones party affiliation or military service shouldnt get priviledge over the other.

just my 2cents..

Tomahawk

imported post

deanf wrote:
Well, explain, please.

Okay, wasn't sure who you were talking about there.

Tomahawk

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Being a moderator is like getting to play god.

Just like being a property owner makes you like god in your own house. This is John and Mike's house.

Complaining in this thread isn't doing much good, unless you're trying to rally others to your cause; you should send John and Mike a PM and tell them what you think. Maybe ask them to make it policy to explain why threads get locked.

Compared to a lot of other forums I've seen, though, this one has relatively few moderator actions. John and Mike pretty much let us self-police here, and only occasionally lock a thread. I'm pretty impressed at the overall maturity of most of the members here and the few trolls who come through here usually can't keep up for long.

Tawnos

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Well it is a bit in violation of rule number 2 :p
As long as it doesn't turn into a thread of rule 34. Last time that happened on an internet site I frequent, pictures of me with a guitar in the shower resulted >.>

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Each of us is free to start our own forum and speak our minds. If it is ok for the forum owners to limitposts to open carry then they have the same right to limit other posts. Your problem is not that they have limits you just happen todisagree with this one. Tough beans. Start your own unlimited open carry,first amendment, and whateverforum and see how that works out. Meanwhile I will just stick with the rules here since I am too lazy to do all the work a start up will require.

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
imported post

"Last time i heard private or not as long as the server that runs this forum sits in the USA the owners of this have no right to decide who can say what."

Factually incorrect. An Internet service provider absolutely has the right to set terms of service, and in fact would be foolish not to do so as it might make them liable for speech or actions of their customers. This wesite constitutes a service provided to you, and regardless of cost or not, is indeed private property.

"1A isnt just for the govt its for every AMERICAN who chooses to use there rights."

This was fairly well addressed earlier, but I feel compelled to agree with that criticism. The bill of rights is a restraint on government power, not on individuals. You have no positive right to be heard, you merely have the right to be free of government restraint on your speech. And this is not because your speech is inherently valuable, but merely because we don't want the government to be the arbiter of what is valuable speech, or even what is the truth, because that power would be subject to abuse.

You have absolutely no right to be free of criticism. That would consititute a restraintof someone else's right to speech.