• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kennedy and Suits(radio program) mentioned open carry in ca last night

seansean

imported post

Hi all-so I was listening to this on KFI last night, here's their page..
http://www.kfi640.com/pages/Suits.html and suits mentioned how it was legal to carry a gun on your belt unloaded...I took note because it's not dicussed much on many media outlets here, perhaps things are slowly changing?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

There is no doubt things have changed and continue to change.

This, to my recollection, is the second mention of the legality of unloaded open carry in California. The first was on a radio show out of San Diego I believe- by a female talk show host who had a 10-20 minute segment on her show. I cant find the station or the show, perhaps someone else has that information.

The media coverage is something of a mixed blessing, as it gets the word out. The downside is that it attracts the attention of the anti-gunners, or worse, thepro-gun and pro LTC (ccw)detractors who disavow open carry as ananachronistic, overly dangerous risk. The irony is, the latter is often more vocal and resistant to the concept of exposed firearms than the former.

Whenlarge events such as the San Diego meetare held, there will certainly be growing media interest in the activity and the advocates who participate. We should see some reports about this over the next few days- and I think this meet is large enough that it's possible it could garner some national media time. Lets hope its positive.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
There is no doubt things have changed and continue to change...

The media coverage is something of a mixed blessing, as it gets the word out. The downside is that it attracts the attention of the anti-gunners, or worse, thepro-gun and pro LTC (ccw)detractors who disavow open carry as ananachronistic, overly dangerous risk...
You know, they're right. You guys could lose your great "shall-issue" CCW licensing system by drawing attention to the idiocies of CA's laws!

/sarcasm off

Decoligny

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
There is no doubt things have changed and continue to change.

This, to my recollection, is the second mention of the legality of unloaded open carry in California. The first was on a radio show out of San Diego I believe- by a female talk show host who had a 10-20 minute segment on her show. I cant find the station or the show, perhaps someone else has that information.

The media coverage is something of a mixed blessing, as it gets the word out. The downside is that it attracts the attention of the anti-gunners, or worse, thepro-gun and pro LTC (ccw)detractors who disavow open carry as ananachronistic, overly dangerous risk. The irony is, the latter is often more vocal and resistant to the concept of exposed firearms than the former.

Whenlarge events such as the San Diego meetare held, there will certainly be growing media interest in the activity and the advocates who participate. We should see some reports about this over the next few days- and I think this meet is large enough that it's possible it could garner some national media time. Lets hope its positive.
Yeah, it was a San Diego Station.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=13865&forum_id=12&jump_to=229756#p229756

I called in.