Thread: SB1035: Invite Chap Peterson to OC Dinner?

Post imported post

Senator Peterson voted against SB1035 as amended. Assuming the Governor will veto, it would help to have Senator Peterson vote to override the veto.

Without knowing why he voted no when he voted yes last year, I wonder if he could be persuaded by inviting him to an Open-Carry dinner?

Chap Peterson

Ox Road South

Post imported post

I would be game for it

Post imported post

My guess is that Mr. Peterson voted against SB1035 because of the amendments that reintroduced the named/designated employee to notify and the increase in the penalty from Class 1 to Class 3 Misdemeanor.

If that is accurate, I'd say he was still very much on our side. I'm not sure but I don't think veto override votes can amend the bill as vetoed by the Governor. Think if you still want the named/designated employee hassle and the increased penalty just to get CC in clubs/restaurants. I'd rather go for a clean bill going through, but YMMV.

All that aside, inviting him to dinner would be a Good ThingTM. Set it up. I'll be there if at all possible.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Depending on when and where, I'd like to participate.

Post imported post

Count me in.

I'm in his district, and chose him over Devolites.

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    My guess is that Mr. Peterson voted against SB1035 because of the amendments that reintroduced the named/designated employee to notify and the increase in the penalty from Class 1 to Class 3 Misdemeanor.
    What?

I am pretty sure that the final version of the bill left out all notification, but did restore the penalties that were accidentally removed by the House in an earlier amendment that took out the notification requirement.

And a Class 3 Misdemeanor is less serious than a Class 1.

TFred

Post imported post

MY bad. Do not try to read or post anything coherent when under the influence of microbes and really effective cough supressant.

In any case, a dinner with Chap Peterson might not be a bad idea.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

http://www.fairfaxsenator.com reads:
    "Out of session, I am available to speak either to groups or individuals about our laws and policies in Virginia. My district office is located at 4010 University Drive in downtown Fairfax City and is managed by my Chief of Staff Kathy Neilson.
    You can contact us by phone at (703) 349-3361 in Fairfax or (804) 698-7534 in Richmond or by email at info@fairfaxsenator.com[/url]. Please feel free to check my updates and post your comments on our Assembly blog at http://www.oxroadsouth.com.

Let us know how we can represent you better.

Sincerely,

CHAP
    Seems if someone in his district set it up and invited us all.. Maybe a place like Chammps where we KNOW the place loves 2A.

Edit: Heck.. maybe invite him on our OC litter-pick up (in HIS district) and then to lunch at Chammps? (not in his district.. but does that really matter?)
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Chap is burrowed up Tim Kaine's ass. I think Chap is trying to find a coat tail to ride to the national spotlight. He doesn't want to rock the boat.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    Chap is burrowed up Tim Kaine's ass. I think Chap is trying to find a coat tail to ride to the national spotlight. He doesn't want to rock the boat.
    Wait a minute. I think he's entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

Let's see what he might say to an invitation.

Post imported post

Can anyone in his district set it up?

Post imported post

I posted a thread in the VA Hometown area of AR15 to see if I could find more of his constituents who might be able to attend.

I can try to set this up, I'm thinking that calling his office, or maybe showing up in person, would be the best way to invite him.

Email allows an easy 'no thanks.'

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    I posted a thread in the VA Hometown area of AR15 to see if I could find more of his constituents who might be able to attend.

I can try to set this up, I'm thinking that calling his office, or maybe showing up in person, would be the best way to invite him.

Email allows an easy 'no thanks.'
    And who says no to a man with a gun on his hip

Post imported post

if I lived in his district.. i would write him and express that I read this on his website: "I am available to speak either to groups or individuals about our laws and policies in Virginia" and say I have a group of folks that would like to discuss some gunlaws over dinner" and of course try and pick a place that would nit be too noisey and are 2A friendly.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

That might work, Ed.

I OC a lot around here, need to think of an appropriate place.

Maybe that italian restaurant in Oakton we ate at last summer when Teddy's ended up being out of business.

I'd sure like to surround him with some potential votes, though, as well as with everyone else.

Post imported post

name the time and place and I'll be there.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    if I lived in his district.. i would write him and express that I read this on his website: "I am available to speak either to groups or individuals about our laws and policies in Virginia" and say I have a group of folks that would like to discuss some gunlaws over dinner" and of course try and pick a place that would nit be too noisey and are 2A friendly.
    Now that Kaine has pulled the trigger and vetoed SB1035, has anyone tried to get Chap to attend a dinner and discuss an override?

Post imported post

I did not invite him to dinner in time for an override (I am not in his district) but I did invite him to: HTTP://tinyurl.com/adopt04182009
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -