• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a loophole, any brand

HardChrome

imported post

I just got back from the Virginia Beach gun show and I was disappointed that I never saw a loophole, new or used. I asked around but no one had any. Bummer.

mobeewan

imported post

I haven't seen any at gun shows either. Loopholes are usually created by federal and state legislatures in order to do favors and give special tax breaks for their friends and special contributors. They are always burried deepin legislation and extremely hard to find.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HardChrome wrote:
I just got back from the Virginia Beach gun show and I was disappointed that I never saw a loophole, new or used. I asked around but no one had any. Bummer.

Oh, you just have to look in the right place.

Look in the downtown district between Unalienable Rights Blvd.,Enumerated Rights Ave., and Human RightsSt.There are a number of shops that specialize in making a living off the ignorance of people about the differences.

Lotsa loopholes available. And lotsa loopy people selling them.

Maybe that should be our catchphrase: "Only loopy people see freedom as a loophole."

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Here's the only loophole I found...Plug that one Abby!:uhoh:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/03/us/03sheriff.html

The sheriff of Henry County, Va., and 19 other people were charged yesterday with taking part in a scheme to sell drugs and other evidence seized from dealers back to the community.
The members of the department worked with a drug ring to take a variety of items seized from criminals, including not only drugs but also firearms, cash, automotive equipment and even lawn mowers, the indictment said.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I saw lots of loopholes at the last 2 gunshows I attended. Unfortunately, they were all empty loopholes that someone had stretched out of shape with Hope and Change.

I've tried to make my own loopholes, but for some reason I cannot get the stitching to hold. It was suggested that I did not have enough "currency" (whatever that is) as backing in the loopholes I tried to make.

I'm gonna check that-there Intrawebs thingy to see if there is a DIY video I can watch to see how to do it right.

stay safe.

skidmark

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I've been disappointed, too. I went to "The Nation's Gun Show" at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, Fairfax Co., specifically to see the famous "gun show loophole". But there wasn't any. I asked the girl at the front door, but she hadn't seen any, either. Nobody knew anything about it.

I think it's a lot like that Beverly Hillbillies episode when Jed Clampett went out with his rifle to "shoot some golf." He never did bag any of them golf critters. Saw lots of round white dimpled golf eggs, and the little holes they live in, but them golfs are pretty cagey.

Same thing with that "gun show loophole" - it's a pretty cagey critter.

Thundar

imported post

HardChrome wrote:
Damn it! I knew BHO and his lackey Holder were making it hard to get stuff at gunshows, WTF - we work hard to keep libs from hurting loopholes, and we can't even buy one.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

user wrote:
I've been disappointed, too. I went to "The Nation's Gun Show" at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, Fairfax Co., specifically to see the famous "gun show loophole". But there wasn't any. I asked the girl at the front door, but she hadn't seen any, either. Nobody knew anything about it.

I think it's a lot like that Beverly Hillbillies episode when Jed Clampett went out with his rifle to "shoot some golf." He never did bag any of them golf critters. Saw lots of round white dimpled golf eggs, and the little holes they live in, but them golfs are pretty cagey.

Same thing with that "gun show loophole" - it's a pretty cagey critter.
I work in telecom.. I have sent new guys to other offices for a can of dialtone before.. and years earlier as a firefighter I sent rookies to other stations to pick up a "left handed smoke shifter". :dude:

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
I work in telecom.. I have sent new guys to other offices for a can of dialtone before.. and years earlier as a firefighter I sent rookies to other stations to pick up a "left handed smoke shifter". :dude:
Back on the submarine, we'd send rookies (non-quals) looking for the key to the diesel engine. Or we'd suit 'em up and send 'em around collecting letters for the 'mail bouy' run.

Riana

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
ed wrote:
Back on the submarine, we'd send rookies (non-quals) looking for the key to the diesel engine. Or we'd suit 'em up and send 'em around collecting letters for the 'mail bouy' run.
You guys are just mean. It's sad... and amusing...that those newbies fell for it. Then, I used to tell the people I did computer support for that the problem was an I-D-Ten-T error...

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Riana wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:
ed wrote:
You guys are just mean. It's sad... and amusing...that those newbies fell for it. Then, I used to tell the people I did computer support for that the problem was an I-D-Ten-T error...

I used ID-19-T before and PEBKAC (Problem exists between keyboard and chair)... I fly too.. and we send students out to get a can or propwash. :)

Ok.. back on point. :)

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Before having become an attorney, I was a software engineer. I worked for a while writing software for a company, now long gone, called "Tymshare". Well before microcomputers, this company had a privately owned network (the first commercial network to use the packet switching technology that makes the InterNet work), and their own computers. They made money by renting out their computers via dialup. The guy who was their premier wildly successful salesman, Dan Miller, worked in my office in Rosslyn, Va., right across the great river from Georgetown.

I asked Dan Miller one day how he did it. He said that he sold "vaporware", the first coinage of the term. He explained that, "It's not hardware, it's not software, it's vaporware, vapor, smoke... I go out and sell the customer whatever it is they really want, tell them we've got it and that it really exists, then I come back here and tell you and you build it for me." He elaborated, there are three simple rules to being the premier salesman: "It's free, it's easy, and it'll only take a week".

That company was destroyed by litigation resulting from the sale of "vaporware".

2a4all

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
ed wrote:
Avast! We'd send 'em to the bo'sun locker for 10 fathoms of water line, to the galley for 50 ft of chow line, or to the navigator for a can of relative bearing grease, or to the electronics guys for a pair of fallopian tubes (for those of you old enough to remember when vacuum tubes were used), or to engineering for 100lbs of steam. Of course, when they became "savvy", they would balk at going after such things as come-alongs, chain falls and non-skid (even though they knew there was no such thing as striped paint).

But I digress.....

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have a loophole for you as it relates to guns. The loophole in the judicial system that has allowed Mike Bloomberg to bully lawful business with the intent on bankrupting them. The same loophole that allows him to tie up the courts on cases that he can not win.

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
 I have a loophole for you as it relates to guns.  The loophole in the judicial system that has allowed Mike Bloomberg to bully lawful business with the intent on bankrupting them.  The same loophole that allows him to tie up the courts on cases that he can not win.

What's really strange to me is that there was no loophole that allowed NYPD employees, who are not law enforcement officers in Virginia, to willfully attempt to commit acts which they knew to be unlawful, and no arrests have as yet been made for those criminal attempts and conspiracies to violate both Virginia and federal law. Those acts were serious felonies, and ought to be punished as such.

2a4all

imported post

user wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
I have a loophole for you as it relates to guns. The loophole in the judicial system that has allowed Mike Bloomberg to bully lawful business with the intent on bankrupting them. The same loophole that allows him to tie up the courts on cases that he can not win.

What's really strange to me is that there was no loophole that allowed NYPD employees, who are not law enforcement officers in Virginia, to willfully attempt to commit acts which they knew to be unlawful, and no arrests have as yet been made for those criminal attempts and conspiracies to violate both Virginia and federal law. Those acts were serious felonies, and ought to be punished as such.
Borrowing from "Star Trek; Deep Space 9", we have a "worm hole" as opposed to a "loop hole", which for an instant, connected the locus of the VA gun shop to the locus of NYC, allowing them to reach out and transact business from afar.

How is this possible? Collaboration between major democrats on each end, perhaps?

tripledipper

imported post

Speaking of Bloomturd and his lawsuit, is it true that Cole Gun Shop in South Boston, or any othergun store in VA mentioned,must report all sales to the NYPD as an agreement for settlement? Pardon my ignorance about this matter.