• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

REDEMPTION!

YllwFvr

imported post

Im gonna spell it out word for word since it short.

Dear Mr. XXXXX

This letter is in response to your PICS challenge. Form SP 4-197, which was recieved by this office February 13, 2009.

Please be advised your challenge concerning the recent PICS background check has resulted in a finding that your are NOT prohibited from purchasing/transfer of a firearm. A copy of this decision will not be sent to the dealer that requested the background check.

If you decide to pursue the purchase/transfer of a firearm, please present a copy of this letter to the dealer. The dealer is required to request a background check through PICS and obtain a unique approval number to complete that transaction. They should advise the operator that the applicant has a denial reverse letter. Please keep this letter and be ready to provide it, upon request, to minimize delays for future background checks.

OH YEAH! Man it feels good I was actually very worried I would be denied for life because of my dropped charges.

So, now I want to know what to buy! I was looking at a compact but that 1911 looks so good! Does anyone carry one, is it too big to carry concealed if necessary, and do they come with retention holsters?

One more time...

WOO HOO!

Edit: Got back, purchased a Glock 30, they had no retention holsters. Picked up an Uncle Mikes until it comes in.

tdyoung58

imported post

Damn, you had to go through all that just for a Glock . . . . :what:imagine if you'd a got a nice 1911 how happy you'd be....

Congrad's on the reversal

runs ducking :lol:

YllwFvr

imported post

tdyoung58 wrote:
Damn, you had to go through all that just for a Glock . . . . :what:imagine if you'd a got a nice 1911 how happy you'd be....

Congrad's on the reversal

runs ducking :lol:
Its been a little over a year since I had my pistol confiscated, and I have been twice now denied the purchase of one. Just being able to carry again I admit I'm ecstatic.

They only had two Taurus 1911s... they didnt feel as nice as the colt and the kimber I handled before. I had to say no to the 1911s :(. But the glock is very nice. And its so small. And im carrying again!

On a side note, I couldnt carry concealed if I wanted to with the NASTY holster they had available for it. Its gi-normous! So I carried for about two hours today openly, for the first time. Admittedly I only once left my car and the guy in Quiznos never noticed but it felt darn good! Cant wait for that open carry dinner!

YllwFvr

imported post

Aran wrote:
You know you don't have to buy the first thing you see at the first store you go to right? :p

Ooooh ouch. Not a glock fan?

I have owned one in the past, and my brother owns one. And I must admit I like the 30 much more than the other two. I also like it better than my tauruspt111.

Aguy wants to feel good about his gun purchase and I feel great that Im carrying again for the first time in a year and I catch some heat for it. Thanks for making me feel good about myself Aran!! -end joking tone

shefearsnothing

imported post

Fellow glock owner and fan right here. Congrats on your new purchase. Now did you name it? :D (Yeah, I'm a COMPLETE weirdo. The WHOLE package here. I name mine.)

My first pistol was a taurus (It was a pt140 millenium pro in stainless) but man you want to talk about GIANT holsters! HOLY CRAP! I had enough room left in that thing for some tissues and lip gloss!

I have never been a fan of revolvers but....I am going to be buying one REAL soon. That and another pistol. Both in .22..... I'll have to shoot something other then a glock. *sigh*

Looking forward to meeting you later this month. :cool:

nepawolf

imported post

Good to hear that your fiasco is over. You know, there's more then one gun store out there. From the selection you describe, I can only think of Bill's. I won't bust balls on the Glock, but an uncle mike's holster? Ouch, sorry to hear that (and there wasn't any retention holsters). Check out Starr Uniform in downtown if you want an OC retention holster. It's in an alley, but it is a police supply store. Lots of good stuff for OCers. Either way, good to hear it's over. Happy packing.

YllwFvr

imported post

nepawolf wrote:
Good to hear that your fiasco is over. You know, there's more then one gun store out there. From the selection you describe, I can only think of Bill's. I won't bust balls on the Glock, but an uncle mike's holster? Ouch, sorry to hear that (and there wasn't any retention holsters). Check out Starr Uniform in downtown if you want an OC retention holster. It's in an alley, but it is a police supply store. Lots of good stuff for OCers. Either way, good to hear it's over. Happy packing.
Everyone keeps talking to me about Starr! The guys at Gun Toters referred me to Starr. I found them onlines but it looks to be a simple uniform service from the website at least.

The craziest part was I asked about retention holsters and they went "huh"? This was Gays True Value in Tunkhannock pa. Once I explained they understood but had little interest in ordering one for me. I usually go to M&B in Clarks Summit for my needs but he doesnt have one right now. Gun toters doesnt either, all on order. I guess I'll check Starr Uniform.

nepawolf

imported post

They're on the alley that leads from Whistles to the Marquee. They have all kinds of great stuff there. Don't bother asking about body armor unless you work for a police department. They have the duty belts, retention holsters, and everything you need to make it into your own bat belt. Not to mention, some real nice OC jackets. It can get pricey, but their prices are spot on for what they're selling.

Also, Advanced Arms in pittston has a good selection of retention holsters.

jahwarrior

imported post

Gun Toters didn't have any retention holsters? that's weird; every time i go, they've got tons of holsters.

except for the S&W Sigma, of course.

you could also try J&G Sporting Goods, in Throop, right on Sanderson, i believe. that's like being in a candy store.

the only other shop in the area i know of is Advanced Arms in Pittston. i've never been there, but everyone who has raves about it.

i still like going to Bill's, though; i've always been treated well there, and i reward good service with loyalty.

YllwFvr

imported post

jahwarrior72 wrote:
Gun Toters didn't have any retention holsters? that's weird; every time i go, they've got tons of holsters.

except for the S&W Sigma, of course.

you could also try J&G Sporting Goods, in Throop, right on Sanderson, i believe. that's like being in a candy store.

the only other shop in the area i know of is Advanced Arms in Pittston. i've never been there, but everyone who has raves about it.

i still like going to Bill's, though; i've always been treated well there, and i reward good service with loyalty.
I did go to advanced arms. VERY nice place! Amazing! But no holsters for my gun. Pretty hard to find too.
Never found J&G in my searches I'll have to try that. Throop is close I'll go there next time.