• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Transfering firearm?

WARCHILD

imported post

Feel free to PM me if you need information.

Thanks guys; Just keep in mind, I'm old and suffer from bouts of "Cranial, Rectal, inversion".:p

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Lucky wrote:
My father wants to give me a firearm that hes had for a while. Is there anything special I need to do to legally transfer it?
dougwg wrote:

You will need to obtain a Purchase Permit from your local police station FIRST.

Lucky wrote:
Cool, thats it? Do I get a permit from the police department?

It's like I'm talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Sorry for the rant but geeeeez WTH

WARCHILD

imported post

No, you're just so good and quick with the answers that you beat the posts! Besides..exercise is good...as long as I'm not the one having to do it.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Lucky wrote:
Sorry, I just wasn't thinking when I started typing. I meant to say: thats all I have to do?
well you have to pass the back ground check and take the 20 question test and then go pay for the gun and then take 2 copies of the sales record back to the police station too.