• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Yay King County!

ManInBlack

imported post

Scum.

Hang him high.

Those who wear badges, enjoy more privileges than I, and choose to break the laws they are sworn to uphold get nothing but scorn from me.

grishnav

imported post

Quite honestly, this is pretty mild. It's just that as a society we're quick to forget.

For example, who here remembers (without googling it) the Hope Steffy incident?

Okay, now that you've answered, you can go ahead and google it. Just make sure there are no children around. And that there's nothing in your stomach to vomit up.

Kildars

imported post

2_boxed_in1224.jpg

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

okkid wrote:
Kildars wrote:
911Boss wrote
For all those who will whine about how he will get off because he is a cop, let me remind you all sorts of non-cop bad guys get off too. Lots of folks get convicted of Aslt4 and don't do any time in jail. I'd even venture a guess that MOST of the Aslt4 convictions don't result in any jail time. Where is the outrage on those cases? What about those victims (many of whom are much more innocent than this one)He sholdn't get any preferential treatment having been a cop, but by the same token he shouldn't be treated any harsher because he was one.
I completely disagree with this. I believe the cop should be given a harsher punishment. We hold police officers in high regard, we give then a very authoritative position of trust and power. There is a difference between that and Joe Blow punching around Jane blow on the street IMO.
Cops are not thugs thats why this is so wrong and I will whine about this and you should too.
First off, the majority of cops aren't thugs. Just like everywhere else there is a very small percentage who bring shame to the profession. It is interesting how when a cop does something like this you hear folks claiming they all do it or they all act that way. When a doctor molests a patient no one accuses all doctors of being that way, when a commercial airline pilot gets caught drunk at the controls, no one claims they all do it, when a clergyman is exposed in a sex scandal people still go to church.

Yes, as I clearly said he did wrong. He is going to have to answer for it.

Many folks may believe they should get a harsher punishment but the LAW doesn't provide for that. Think it, believe it all you want. But if that happens it is UNFAIR and illegal. Most all those same folks who whine at this atrocity, and want him held to a higher standard are also the ones whining when things are unfair and illegal. Just a little hypocritical if you ask me.

I believe EVERYONE should be treated the same for violation of a crime. The victim being a "protected" class says that us poor white males are worth less when we get victimized. There are hundreds of assaults FAR worse than this one every year in King County. Don't the victims of those assaults deserve justice as well? When the innocent victim's cases are pled down, dismissed, no real punishment and yet this girls assailant gets the book thrown at him, even though she set the ball in motion that led to her beating, what is the message?

This girl is no more of a victim than any other victim, in fact she is LESS of a victim than many since she has some culpability for putting herself in the situation in the first place. Why should she be treated special?

Fact is all the outrage just makes people feel better and is an attempt to show others they care, meanwhile they live their day to day lives in ignorance and denial about just how nasty people are to each other on a regular basis.

Until society realizes this and decides to do what is necessary to stop the behavior, nothing is going to change.

If it is any consolation, he is going to be treated more harshly then others. He will likely be sued personally along with King County as a result of his position, and there has already been talk of Federal Civil Rights Violation charges. When is the last time Uncle Earl had to face that kind of heat for smackin Aunt Betty or Cousin Irene around?

Everyone hates cops when they don't want one and loves them when they need one, they are treated like shit on a pretty regular basis from their "customers", work shitty hours, holidays, are second guessed on everything they do, are expected to make up in 5 minutes for the mess it took you to create over years, and a host of other unplesant things. Then people wonder why it is so hard to find "good" people for the job and the occasional bad apple squeezes through the magnifying glass they are put under during the hiring process.

Maybe a better question is how can the job be improved so after good folks get hired they don't become the type of cop everyone loves to hate???

cynicist

imported post

If it is any consolation, he is going to be treated more harshly then others.
I would have to disagree with you on this one. Unless he get aggravated assault 2 (the age, she was already immobilized when he slammed her head) then he will be getting special treatment.
Seriously, if there was a video of you beating a teenage girl in restraints, how long would it take for a felony indictment?

Whatgives?

imported post

911Boss wrote:
*Snip*
Yes, as I clearly said he did wrong. He is going to have to answer for it.

Many folks may believe they should get a harsher punishment but the LAW doesn't provide for that. Think it, believe it all you want. But if that happens it is UNFAIR and illegal. Most all those same folks who whine at this atrocity, and want him held to a higher standard are also the ones whining when things are unfair and illegal. Just a little hypocritical if you ask me. 

I believe EVERYONE should be treated the same for violation of a crime. The victim being a "protected" class says that us poor white males are worth less when we get victimized. There are hundreds of assaults FAR worse than this one every year in King County. Don't the victims of those assaults deserve justice as well? When the innocent victim's cases are pled down, dismissed, no real punishment and yet this girls assailant gets the book thrown at him, even though she set the ball in motion that led to her beating, what is the message?

This girl is no more of a victim than any other victim, in fact she is LESS of a victim than many since she has some culpability for putting herself in the situation in the first place. Why should she be treated special?

Fact is all the outrage just makes people feel better and is an attempt to show others they care, meanwhile they live their day to day lives in ignorance and denial about just how nasty people are to each other on a regular basis.

Until society realizes this and decides to do what is necessary to stop the behavior, nothing is going to change.

If it is any consolation, he is going to be treated more harshly then others. He will likely be sued personally along with King County as a result of his position, and there has already been talk of Federal Civil Rights Violation charges. When is the last time Uncle Earl had to face that kind of heat for smackin Aunt Betty or Cousin Irene around?

Maybe a better question is how can the job be improved so after good folks get hired they don't become the type of cop everyone loves to hate???

I get the gist of your argument, and I think that your last comment about improving the LEO career culture to prevent abuse of power is definitely an avenue that isn't considered half as much as it should be.

However, I take issue with you suggesting (through implication) that this girl somehow is deserving of this abuse because of her actions preceding this incident and you talking about how everyone deserving to be treated the same for violation of law. Also, while your assertions about society's selective lens might be an appropriate topic for another discussion, they shouldn't be used to deflect the discussion on the serious nature of law enforcement personnel assaulting a minor and infringing upon their constitutional rights.

911Boss

imported post

Whatgives? wrote:
911Boss wrote:
*Snip*

I get the gist of your argument, and I think that your last comment about improving the LEO career culture to prevent abuse of power is definitely an avenue that isn't considered half as much as it should be.

However, I take issue with you suggesting (through implication) that this girl somehow is deserving of this abuse because of her actions preceding this incident and you talking about how everyone deserving to be treated the same for violation of law. Also, while your assertions about society's selective lens might be an appropriate topic for another discussion, they shouldn't be used to deflect the discussion on the serious nature of law enforcement personnel assaulting a minor and infringing upon their constitutional rights.

I never said, suggested, implied,or inferred she deserved what happened. There is a big difference between deserving something and being responsible for something.

You are confusing my assertion that she bears some responsibilityfor what happened as saying she deserved it. She certainly did not deserve it, but she certainly DID set the chain of events that ultimately led to it happening in motion. For this, she bears some responsibility for the outcome.

She clearly did not deserve it, her behavior does not excuse it, but she is not an innoncent victim that was picked at random. Her actions and her behavior put her in the position for it to happen and she bears some responsibility for that. Certainly the officer bears the majority of the responsibility, butshe had the power to avoid it and it would have never happened if she had made better behavior choices.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

Considering she is only 15 and a female, I dont think that the officer's had to much to worry about. But you never know. Personaly, I would be willing to bet that that little turd dont end up back in jail for a very long time. Although not the right thing to do on his part, LESSONS LEARNED on hers...lol

amlevin

imported post

!BNzdWy!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKicEjlLmZB)tBJre!iiJTQ~~_1.JPG

Soorry but I have very little sympathy for most of those that are arrested for felonies (like car theft in this case). I'd like to see the "Fargo Solution" applied (see above picture). One large wood chipper per county jail to dispose of the trash.

Might seem a little harsh but sometimes it does seem like a logical approach.

This little "girl" was no angel. She was arrested in possession of a stolen car and was "lipping off" to the deputies for some time. What did she think? She could keep pushing his buttons all nite and nothing bad would happen to her.

As for the Deputy, he's toast anyway. He has a long history of loosing control, one that involveda fatal shooting at the end of a pursuit.

911Boss

imported post

amlevin wrote:
As for the Deputy, he's toast anyway. He has a long history of loosing control, one that involveda fatal shooting at the end of a pursuit.

He was cleared of that. No loss of control, fighting with a HBD/220 in the middle of the night and on the freeway, certainly could become a lethal force situation. May question his judgment in making the stop while transporting a prisoner instead of trying to get someone else to do it, but as to the shooting, it was justified.

cynicist

imported post

Soorry but I have very little sympathy for most of those that are arrested for felonies (like car theft in this case). I'd like to see the "Fargo Solution" applied (see above picture). One large wood chipper per county jail to dispose of the trash.
Dude, seriously, she was driving her mom's car without her permission, really not enough to justify throwing her in a wood chipper. The officer was clearly more dangerous to society than her.

bordsnbikes

imported post

Since everyone who has commented on this topic, one way or the other, was in that room then they have first hand knowledge. Oh wait, none of you were there so STFU! Unless you where there you don't know anything about anything.

okkid

imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:
Since everyone who has commented on this topic, one way or the other, was in that room then they have first hand knowledge. Oh wait, none of you were there so STFU! Unless you where there you don't know anything about anything.
I think you need to stay off the forums as you have no right talking like that.

You have problems my friend,

opencary?

imported post

Okkid you should not feel bad about bordsnbikesremark everybody has equal right to defend their class so he is doing the same ;). Its just another way of admiting that he is from the same category of people who treat humans that ways. So, let him defend his class.....

bordsnbikes

imported post

I, like everyone else here, have the right to talk like that. After all, isn't this forum all about rights?

As for how I treat people, I treat them the way they deserve to be treated. If I was in that officer's position maybe I would have treated her the same way, maybe not. But I wasn't. So unless you have the full story, and you were in his shoes, doing his job at that exact moment, you can't make any kind of "informed" judgment about what he did. You just weren't there, you just don't know. I even agree it looks real bad, but you don't know the circumstances.

The only problem I have is people opening their mouth when they don't know what they are talking about.

Here's a quick example of not knowing anything. You walk into a bank and see everyone lying on the ground except one man holding a gun. So you draw and fire two rounds center mass. Congrats, you just shot the man who stopped a hold up.

Thank you for your time, I will not waste mine any further on this topic.

Kildars

imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:
I, like everyone else here, have the right to talk like that. After all, isn't this forum all about rights?

As for how I treat people, I treat them the way they deserve to be treated. If I was in that officer's position maybe I would have treated her the same way, maybe not. But I wasn't. So unless you have the full story, and you were in his shoes, doing his job at that exact moment, you can't make any kind of "informed" judgment about what he did. You just weren't there, you just don't know. I even agree it looks real bad, but you don't know the circumstances.

The only problem I have is people opening their mouth when they don't know what they are talking about.

Here's a quick example of not knowing anything. You walk into a bank and see everyone lying on the ground except one man holding a gun. So you draw and fire two rounds center mass. Congrats, you just shot the man who stopped a hold up.

You honestly don't have a right to talk like that here. This is a private forum, not the USA. There is no 1A here.

Also, what else do you need to see? The video is pretty clear.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:

This forum is about 2nd amendment rights specifically to open carry and about Washington.

And you want to defend the way you talk but slam someone else for opening their mouth? Sort of an oxymoron, in my opinion. We try to be civil on this forum, it leads to better discourse.

edit to ad......darn I took too long to write my reply...

Spaceman Spiff

imported post

Did I say I was OK with that?kenshin wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
This is nothing new, these things happen often, we just normally don't hear about them.
And what...you're okay with that? This is wrong on so many levels. She barely even flipped her shoe.

Even if she was brought in on suspected car theft, she didn't deserve this. That is why we have a court system, the police do not get to decide our punishment.

I'm not trying to bash on all cops, but this one was definitely out of line.