Thread: Shoulder holster

Post imported post

First thing, I know this will sound goofy, but I saw a holster in an oldmovie the other day that looked like it would work fairly well. The problem is, I don't know who would make one. A quick googling didn't turn up anything helpful, so I figured I'd ask you nice folks before I really start digging.

Description: The holster was on the left side, and was just a gun holster, no mag pouch. It had a fairly wide shoulder strap, and a smaller strap across the chest. The gun was carried low and muzzle down. I didn't notice a tie down. Any ideas on who might make such a thing?

Post imported post

this the one?

If so, the holster you want is a military issue (M3 is the designation, I believe) just google that and you should find what you're looking for.

btw, I don't own one, so I couldn't tell you anything about them.

Post imported post

That's about the right configuraton, but what I saw seemed a little smaller, and the shoulder strap was wider (1.5"-2").

Edit:

The DeSantis CEO rig looks close. It doesn't have the chest strap, but it does have the general look I'm going for. Speaking of the look I'm going for, it was being worn by Agent Polk in The Sting.

Post imported post

This is similar to the one that unreconstructed1 showed. It's basicly the same kind my Dad carried his 1911A1 in in WWII. I have one of these for my Ruger GP100 and it's a comfortable holster to wear and easy to put on.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-154-25-...5-barrels.aspx

The holster in the pic is a M7 US Military holster.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."