Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Fox News: Peaople taking to the Streets

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Eagle, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    282

    Post imported post

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf67btIVvNA

    only a matter of time till things boil over..

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Hurray!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622

    Post imported post

    Let the games begin!

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Eagleeye wrote:
    only a matter of time till things boil over..
    We can only hope that enough people wake up...
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Well, Obama, Pelosi and Reid certainly do have me ready to hope for something to change before they turn this into a depression.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    Posts
    328

    Post imported post

    I was at the one in Sacramento. I drove a mobile billboard around the state capitol as the protestors carried on in front of the north steps. Here's some videos



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZAM6bQJP3w

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-q_XoLHXOs


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inz9ZPVuAwY

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    145

    Post imported post

    To reiterate what Obama said to his supporters during the campaign:

    "We have to 'get in their face'!"

    Write your Representatives and Senators!!!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southwest, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    291

    Post imported post

    Here's some shots from the Lansing, MI rally:

    http://mitcot.ning.com/profile/JamesLefler

    Carry on.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , , Tajikistan
    Posts
    201

    Post imported post

    While I'm glad to see some coverage out there, I wouldn't start the revolution just yet. Just to keep it real folks, shows like On the Record, Bill O'Reilly, and Glenn Beck, are not "news shows" per say but rather "entertainment shows" which incorporate news. They do not necessarily fall under the "fair and balanced" banner of Fox News. Even Bill O'Reilly calls his program "the number one rated talk show on cable". I actually enjoy watching Glenn Beck, but I keep in mind that it's entertainment as much as news. That being said, I also am not happy with what the governement is doing, but I remember that these shows are geared towards stimulating emotions - which helps their ratings - and don't always show the whole picture. Fire away. :celebrate

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    redlegagent wrote:
    While I'm glad to see some coverage out there, I wouldn't start the revolution just yet. Just to keep it real folks, shows like On the Record, Bill O'Reilly, and Glenn Beck, are not "news shows" per say but rather "entertainment shows" which incorporate news. They do not necessarily fall under the "fair and balanced" banner of Fox News. Even Bill O'Reilly calls his program "the number one rated talk show on cable". I actually enjoy watching Glenn Beck, but I keep in mind that it's entertainment as much as news. That being said, I also am not happy with what the governement is doing, but I remember that these shows are geared towards stimulating emotions - which helps their ratings - and don't always show the whole picture. Fire away. :celebrate


    Wow, someone gets it. Faux News is not news.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    Fox News, Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, and others like them, they are all full of ****. But in this case, we have a pretty clear cut case of insane government spending, and massive numbers of people taking to the streets to protest. No matter what spin anyone puts on it, I think it's a good thing that this country is sticking up for itself.

    I found out that they had a tea party in Michigan's capitol of Lansing on Friday. Had I known, I'd have been there. I hope there will be another one soon.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , , Tajikistan
    Posts
    201

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    redlegagent wrote:
    While I'm glad to see some coverage out there, I wouldn't start the revolution just yet. Just to keep it real folks, shows like On the Record, Bill O'Reilly, and Glenn Beck, are not "news shows" per say but rather "entertainment shows" which incorporate news. They do not necessarily fall under the "fair and balanced" banner of Fox News. Even Bill O'Reilly calls his program "the number one rated talk show on cable". I actually enjoy watching Glenn Beck, but I keep in mind that it's entertainment as much as news. That being said, I also am not happy with what the governement is doing, but I remember that these shows are geared towards stimulating emotions - which helps their ratings - and don't always show the whole picture. Fire away. :celebrate


    Wow, someone gets it. Faux News is not news.
    Actually, I consider Fox News to be very balanced and informative. In this case, I am referring to their NEWS seqments and not the filler "entertainment" shows. I feel thier news and economic shows like Neil Cavuto shows things fairly clearly. I believe Chris Wallace's Fox New Sunday to be the best sunday program out there.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    redlegagent wrote:
    Actually, I consider Fox News to be very balanced and informative.

    Not even close. Faux News was the puppet of the Bush administration and has some of the most selective news reportingsince Soviet Russia.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Michigander wrote:
    No matter what spin anyone puts on it, I think it's a good thing that this country is sticking up for itself.

    Agreed. I'm always glad to see protesting of any kind, it doesn't even matter what it's for.

  15. #15
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461

    Post imported post

    CNN is much better.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    Posts
    328

    Post imported post

    Michigander wrote:
    I found out that they had a tea party in Michigan's capitol of Lansing on Friday. Had I known, I'd have been there. I hope there will be another one soon.
    There could be another one soon; If you organize it

  17. #17
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    redlegagent wrote:
    Actually, I consider Fox News to be very balanced and informative.

    Not even close. Faux News was the puppet of the Bush administration and has some of the most selective news reportingsince Soviet Russia.
    "Puppet of the Bush administration..." What ********! Whose puppet do you think the so called mainstream networks are? Or the lying pos at Crap News Network? You should be happy, you got your boy in the whitehouse. The messiah is here. You can watch the pep rallies the anchors at abc, nbc and cbs ran for obooba on your vcr over and over again. Then whine about Fox being 'unfair' to your hero.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    redlegagent wrote:
    Actually, I consider Fox News to be very balanced and informative.
    Not even close. Faux News was the puppet of the Bush administration and has some of the most selective news reportingsince Soviet Russia.
    *Pats stylez on the head* "That's ok. Run along with your little friends now and get your pretend news from The Daily Show and MSNBC's Olbermann. "

    Rational people might have read that 3 different university studies have found that while Fox News news programming is neutral to slightly left of center (not a typo and I have been surprised to see this result repeated as I would have expected Fox to rate neutral to slightly right of center but the research says that my expectation is wrong) in its reporting, that CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN are rather left in their news reporting. In other words, universities such as MI State's school of journalism (not a conservative bastion even on 9/12/01) that regularly study these things consistently find that on news programming Fox News is by far closest to center/fair and balanced of any major news outlet in the US. Not an opinion, but the outcome of non-partisan academic research that has been regularly testing media bias for over 30 years. The true biased reporting comes from the likes of MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN says the research.

    Comments that Fox News is a Bush administration puppet from anyone on this forum not intended tongue in cheek and as a mockery of the irrational on the left in this country, deserve nothing but derision and contempt. The science, not personal opinions, consistently says, has said and continues to say that Fox News is the most balanced, least biased and closest to center of all nationwide US news channels, cable and network.


    Once you leave the hard news programs and wander into the talk segments, while the studies have found Fox News talk programming to have the highest accuracy rates overall (they tell the truth the most) obviously talk programming tends to have agenda driven hosts. MSNBC for example has that slobbering dolt Olbermann and the leg-humper Matthews. Fox has the retard from the yard Geraldo and an evening lineup that isn't generally my preference. But here is a difference. Fox doesn't put passionate, radical, often fact-challenged personalities like Olberman and Matthews on to cover hard news, whereas MSNBC uses leg-humpers and sycophants as anchors for important political news and then act surprised when their skewed, biased reporting is challenged by others.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    55

    Post imported post

    i get tingly feelings up my leg when i hear stylez spout every internet cliche

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,315

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    ...SNIP
    Comments that Fox News is a Bush administration puppet from anyone on this forum not intended tongue in cheek and as a mockery of the irrational on the left in this country, deserve nothing but derision and contempt. SNIP...
    Consider the source. (the guy is the Red dot on the South end of a North bound Mule)
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    ocman1991A1 wrote:
    i get tingly feelings up my leg when i hear stylez spout every internet cliche
    LMAO!!

    Hawkflyer wrote:
    left in this country, deserve nothing but derision and contempt. SNIP...
    Consider the source. (the guy is the Red dot on the South end of a North bound Mule)
    The visual, oh the humanity, the visual .... :shock:
    :P I've never heard that one before but will be using it in the future.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee, ,
    Posts
    695

    Post imported post

    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form."
    ---Jefferson Davis



  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    The science, not personal opinions, consistently says, has said and continues to say that Fox News is the most balanced, least biased and closest to center of all nationwide US news channels, cable and network.


    LOLOLOLOLOL

    Sure thing. Faux News is good for one thing, pushing tarruhrizim fearmongeringand all that propoganda. All the proof I need is that gunslinger watches them.



    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    That's Faux News in a nut shell.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tennessee, ,
    Posts
    695

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    That's Faux News in a nut shell.
    it honestly scares me a little when you and I agree on something Stylez....

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    5

    Post imported post

    Geez. Reading all the whining. The point is, no matter who reports it, is that people are doing something.

    What's even more embarrassing is that when it comes right down to it, if guns are banned, everyone of you will knuckle under and turn yours in.

    I'd rather die first. I also thank God that my 10 year old thinks the same way.

    Take 'em. Let 'em try.

    The second amendment is about people being armed to confront government out of control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •