• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox News: Peaople taking to the Streets

Don Barnett

imported post

To reiterate what Obama said to his supporters during the campaign:

"We have to 'get in their face'!"

Write your Representatives and Senators!!!

redlegagent

imported post

While I'm glad to see some coverage out there, I wouldn't start the revolution just yet. Just to keep it real folks, shows like On the Record, Bill O'Reilly, and Glenn Beck, are not "news shows" per say but rather "entertainment shows" which incorporate news. They do not necessarily fall under the "fair and balanced" banner of Fox News. Even Bill O'Reilly calls his program "the number one rated talk show on cable". I actually enjoy watching Glenn Beck, but I keep in mind that it's entertainment as much as news. That being said, I also am not happy with what the governement is doing, but I remember that these shows are geared towards stimulating emotions - which helps their ratings - and don't always show the whole picture. Fire away. :celebrate

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

redlegagent wrote:
While I'm glad to see some coverage out there, I wouldn't start the revolution just yet. Just to keep it real folks, shows like On the Record, Bill O'Reilly, and Glenn Beck, are not "news shows" per say but rather "entertainment shows" which incorporate news. They do not necessarily fall under the "fair and balanced" banner of Fox News. Even Bill O'Reilly calls his program "the number one rated talk show on cable". I actually enjoy watching Glenn Beck, but I keep in mind that it's entertainment as much as news. That being said, I also am not happy with what the governement is doing, but I remember that these shows are geared towards stimulating emotions - which helps their ratings - and don't always show the whole picture. Fire away. :celebrate

Wow, someone gets it. Faux News is not news.

Michigander

imported post

Fox News, Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, and others like them, they are all full of shit. But in this case, we have a pretty clear cut case of insane government spending, and massive numbers of people taking to the streets to protest. No matter what spin anyone puts on it, I think it's a good thing that this country is sticking up for itself.

I found out that they had a tea party in Michigan's capitol of Lansing on Friday. Had I known, I'd have been there. I hope there will be another one soon.

redlegagent

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
redlegagent wrote:

Wow, someone gets it. Faux News is not news.
Actually, I consider Fox News to be very balanced and informative. In this case, I am referring to their NEWS seqments and not the filler "entertainment" shows. I feel thier news and economic shows like Neil Cavuto shows things fairly clearly. I believe Chris Wallace's Fox New Sunday to be the best sunday program out there. ;)

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

redlegagent wrote:
Actually, I consider Fox News to be very balanced and informative.

Not even close. Faux News was the puppet of the Bush administration and has some of the most selective news reportingsince Soviet Russia.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Michigander wrote:
No matter what spin anyone puts on it, I think it's a good thing that this country is sticking up for itself.

Agreed. I'm always glad to see protesting of any kind, it doesn't even matter what it's for.

Gunslinger

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
redlegagent wrote:

Not even close. Faux News was the puppet of the Bush administration and has some of the most selective news reportingsince Soviet Russia.
"Puppet of the Bush administration..." What bullshit! Whose puppet do you think the so called mainstream networks are? Or the lying pos at Crap News Network? You should be happy, you got your boy in the whitehouse. The messiah is here. You can watch the pep rallies the anchors at abc, nbc and cbs ran for obooba on your vcr over and over again. Then whine about Fox being 'unfair' to your hero.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
redlegagent wrote:
*Pats stylez on the head* "That's ok. Run along with your little friends now and get your pretend news from The Daily Show and MSNBC's Olbermann. "

Rational people might have read that 3 different university studies have found that while Fox News news programming is neutral to slightly left of center (not a typo and I have been surprised to see this result repeated as I would have expected Fox to rate neutral to slightly right of center but the research says that my expectation is wrong) in its reporting, that CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN are rather left in their news reporting. In other words, universities such as MI State's school of journalism (not a conservative bastion even on 9/12/01) that regularly study these things consistently find that on news programming Fox News is by far closest to center/fair and balanced of any major news outlet in the US. Not an opinion, but the outcome of non-partisan academic research that has been regularly testing media bias for over 30 years. The true biased reporting comes from the likes of MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN says the research.

Comments that Fox News is a Bush administration puppet from anyone on this forum not intended tongue in cheek and as a mockery of the irrational on the left in this country, deserve nothing but derision and contempt. The science, not personal opinions, consistently says, has said and continues to say that Fox News is the most balanced, least biased and closest to center of all nationwide US news channels, cable and network.

Once you leave the hard news programs and wander into the talk segments, while the studies have found Fox News talk programming to have the highest accuracy rates overall (they tell the truth the most) obviously talk programming tends to have agenda driven hosts. MSNBC for example has that slobbering dolt Olbermann and the leg-humper Matthews. Fox has the retard from the yard Geraldo and an evening lineup that isn't generally my preference. But here is a difference. Fox doesn't put passionate, radical, often fact-challenged personalities like Olberman and Matthews on to cover hard news, whereas MSNBC uses leg-humpers and sycophants as anchors for important political news and then act surprised when their skewed, biased reporting is challenged by others.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Comments that Fox News is a Bush administration puppet from anyone on this forum not intended tongue in cheek and as a mockery of the irrational on the left in this country, deserve nothing but derision and contempt. SNIP...
Consider the source. (the guy is the Red dot on the South end of a North bound Mule)