• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Issue

fiftygunner

imported post

I was open-carrying my Glock22 on my hip in my Serpa belt holster at the Citadel Mall in Colorado Springs. My girlfriend and I had been walking around and shopping for about 2 hours when a CSPD officer approached me. She was very polite and courteous about it, but informed me that the owners of the mall did not allow open carry of firearms on the premises. I told her I would take it to the car right away, and she mentioned that they received a lot of calls like this. She took my information, just for her records to show that she contacted me and informed me of the rules at the mall, and let me be on my way. I did mention that if they received a lot of calls, that they should have the mall owners post signs regarding the carry of firearms. Just wanted to share this, so that someone else might not run into the same problem there.

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

There was a poster on Colorado Concealed Carry website who had a similar experience at Chapel Hills Mall. He contacted the mall manager and was told that even legally concealed carry was off limits within the mall.

That, among other reasons, is why I refuse to enter Citidel or Chapel Hills mall. Screw 'em, I"ll happily spend my money elsewhere.

daveit

imported post

Is there a sign posted stating no firearms? At a local mall here (in Alaska) there are "concealed weapons prohibited" signs on some of the doors. There have been recent robberies in that mall and many undesirables hang out around there. If I ever have to go, I carry there...is it's concealed properly no one is going to find out. All doors not being marked I think you could assume ignorance.

fiftygunner

imported post

No, there weren't any signs posted, but when a cop comes up to you and tells you that the owner doesn't want you to carry on their property, it would be pretty stupid to challenge it.

Chief_of_Scouts

imported post

As much as I truly care about the local economy and especially the negative impact it is having on the local Colorado Springs retail business, I cannot overlook this prejudiced and direct violation of my civil rights.

Therefore, I am going to have to boycott shopping at the Chapel Hills and Citadel Malls. It is sad, knowing that my dollars help my local community by spending at local retailers.

At least I am not prohibited from wearing my gun in my house while spending my hard earned dollars on internet based businesses.

Sorry Colorado Springs retailers in the local malls, you can't have my money if I can't protect myself while shopping.

Gunslinger

imported post

There are no signs posted at the CH Mall. I CC there everytime I go and will continue to. Unless posted, you can also OC unless and until someone with standing informs you that it is prohibited--which happened to you. The Cit Mall is much lower class than the CH Mall, so I rarely go there. If I do, I CC.