Thread: First Firearm

Post imported post

I plan to go and fire both for myself, but I was just wondering everyone's opinion on Glock vs XD and why.

Very interested to see your thoughts.

Thanks,
    indyguy

Post imported post

XD is another evolution in firearms technology. People are usually either in one camp or the other. Rarely will you find someone who loves both.

I suspect like most others, after shooting both, you'll prefer one over the other. Mostly for ergonomic reasons.

Personally I wouldn't own a gLock. IMO while reliable, they are not as accurate, have crappy triggers (even with upgrades) and feel awful in the hand.

For me the XD is an improvement in all areas over the gLock. Including reliability.

Post imported post

Go for the XD.

1. The chamber is fully supported.

2. Loaded chamber indicator.

3. Grip safety.

4. Optional thumb safety on newer ones (if you want one).

Look into getting the the .40 so you can get conversion barrels to shoot 9mm and .357SIG out of the same weapon.

Post imported post

I have fired both and think both guns are great . I am one of the few people that like both .

I own a Glock 22 and cared it until I got a M96 Beretta . As my Glock is a newer model it dose not have a lot of the problems the " first Gens " did . I would say if you go for the Glock stick to new . Glocks do fit my hand well and no one has ever had a problem with mine fitting there hand . The one problem i have had with the Glock is , it HATES cheep ammo . Anything other then Factory Ammo will not feed right .This was never a big deal for me as I don't use the cheep stuff for self-defence . Only high end HPs from a good company .

As for the XD , a very good friend and shooting partner of mine owns one . I have shot it many times and like the gun enough to have it on my " to buy " list . It has never failed to feed even when my buddy brings the latest gun shop discount ammo out . Thereis also a lot more " Active " safety on the XP . The one sticking point on the XD is , its a little wider then the Glock . This in no problem for someone with normal to large hands . If you have smaller hands ( like me ) this may be a deal breaker .

In the end , Hold both,one right after the other and see what one feels better to you . Everyones hand is different . Pick the one you think feels/shoots better for you . They are both about the same price , and in my opinion about the same quality .

Good luck and let us know what you get

J

Post imported post

I have fired both and think both guns are great . I am one of the few people that like both .

I own a Glock 22 and cared it until I got a M96 Beretta . As my Glock is a newer model it dose not have a lot of the problems the " first Gens " did . I would say if you go for the Glock stick to new . Glocks do fit my hand well and no one has ever had a problem with mine fitting there hand . The one problem i have had with the Glock is , it HATES cheep ammo . Anything other then Factory Ammo will not feed right .This was never a big deal for me as I don't use the cheep stuff for self-defence . Only high end HPs from a good company .

As for the XD , a very good friend and shooting partner of mine owns one . I have shot it many times and like the gun enough to have it on my " to buy " list . It has never failed to feed even when my buddy brings the latest gun shop discount ammo out . Thereis also a lot more " Active " safty on the XP . The one sticking point on the XD is , its a little wider then the Glock . This in no problem for someone with normal to large hands . If you have smaller hands ( like me ) this may be a deal breaker .

In the end , Hold both one right after the other and see what one feels better to you . Everyones hand is difrent . Pick the one you think feels/shoots beter for you . They are both about the same price , and in my opinion about the same quality .

Good luck and let us know what you get

J

Post imported post

I own both. I have an XD9SC and a G19.

I would suggest getting your hands on both and getting the one that shoots the best for you.

FWIW the XD was my first gun and I got it over a Glock because I thought Glocks were too "gangster". After having had them both for about a year now I would say the Glock gets carried and shot more than the XD.

Themaindifferences is that the trigger on the XD is bad compared to the Glocks andthat the Glock has a nasty grip with a big boob on the back. If the Glock had a good grip on it I would choose it hands down.

Post imported post

I just purchased my first carry gun, and I picked up the XD45 compact and I love it to death. If you are on a budget I would highly recommend the XD. You get the most bang for the buck. With the XD you get the gun, with two mags, mine came with a 13, and a 10 round magazine, a holster, a mag holster, and a speed loader...which I find comes in handy when you fill up the 13 rounder cuz that spring gets tight..lol. But for a gun that holds 14 rounds of .45 it dosen't feel ungodly thick, I have small hands and fell in love witht the way things fit me. The amidextrous mag release works great, and the trigger is so smooth right out of the box, and it is getting better the more I use it. My buddy just picked up a H&K 45, and he said if he had the spare cash he would pick up the XD. Hope this helps!

Post imported post

Check out this video befor you by ,Im sure you will like what you see and hear. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GowIuIDn6sA...edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    " A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State,
    The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed ".